Sunday, July 30, 2017

We got hit by some typhoons

Wow, I saw some pictures from my companion of East High. It got super wrecked from the rain. Hahaha. Well we had our fair share of rain too here. We got hit by some Typhoons. So naturally missionary work was pretty much a no go for like 2 days.

BUT, I'll start from the beginning of the week. To start off on P-Day we went back to KenDing. It was really fun. I've officially been to KenDing 6 times. Which is a lot. KenDing is pretty far away too. It's like a 2 hour drive one way. Brother Zhang took us to a cool place that had all of these rock shapes. It was really fun and really pretty. I love being over there. It's one of my favorite places in Taiwan.





On Tuesday I got to go on exchanges with Elder Bosco. He's from Provo, UT. He's a good guy. The only awkward thing is that our names are almost the exact the same in Chinese so yes, we are both Bo Zhang Lao. But, he also just served in QingShui. We spent most the exchange talking about Qingshui members and how awesome they are. I really miss Qingshui and I really want to go back. I will go back to QingShui eventually.

Everything was a normal week and we're working with Crystal still. She's going to KenDing for vacation so we won't see her for quite a while. On top of that, last time we met with her she mentioned that she might have some ancestral worshiping problems. Me and my comp just really worry that she's too whatever and easy going about stuff. She was willing to follow the 10 Commandments and the Law Of Chastity. So that was good. I think she'll get baptized though. It'll just be in September.

We also had interviews this week. interviews were great. President told me that I'll be moving areas in 2 weeks. So that'll be interesting. I think my next area will be my last area. I only have 3 more transfers after this one. Time goes by quick.... President still has not said anything about me going home early. So I'll probably have to remind him or something...

Then we get to the fun part of the week where we got slammed by heavy rains. I basically have just been soaked to the bone with rain since Friday. Pretty much, we were just getting slammed with rain waiting for a Zone Leaders/ Mission President to tell us we could go home. On Sunday church got cancelled and then we went around with our Ward Mission Leader and visited some families. We saw a really cool miracle where we felt prompted to go visit a part member family. When we got over there she said that her husband (the non-member of the family.) wasn't there. So we we went in and shared a spiritual thought. Then as we were leaving they told us about a less active family that lived nearby. So we literally walked over and found Lin DiXiong clipping away at some vines. We stopped and talked with him and then offered to help.  He rejected us 12 times before we just jumped in and helped him. We spent 30ish minutes helping him clip these vines off of this net. It was one of the funnest things I've ever done on my mission. I have no idea why. As we worked we talked to him about his reason for not coming to church and we learned more about his extremely Buddhist wife. We shared a spiritual thought and he was grateful for our service. As we were biking to our next family I felt very happy to be serving the people in Taiwan. Doing that little bit of service gave me more motivation and energy as a missionary.



Later that night we were told to go in. So we went home and just took some videos of the typhoon. It was really fun and really crazy. Fortunately nothing was broken and no one was hurt according to my knowledge. But, our apartment started to flood like a sinking ship. The rain was literally coming in through the tiny tiny cracks around the window and flooding our apartment so we rushed to get some towels and soak it up.

It was a fantastic week and I'm doing really well! Today we're going to an Airplane Museum.
I love you all so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment