Sunday, August 6, 2017

This guy invited us in to drink some beer, so naturally like all missionaries, we went right in.

Hello!

Well for starters, I'm not sure if I ever told Dad Happy Father's Day... In Taiwan it's almost Father's Day.  August 8th (8/8) is Father's Day in Taiwan.  The Chinese word for 8 is Ba, so 8/8 is Ba/Ba which means Dad, so 8/8 is literally Baba's (Father's) Day in Taiwan. So happy father's day Dad!!!!

This week was honestly not that eventful for me. On Monday we went to the mall. It was pretty eh... We couldn't really go anywhere, because it was classified as as typhoon day still. So, that means that everyone was off of work and school, but that also means everything is closed. So, it wasn't the funnest P-Day I've ever had... but it was fun to hang out with Brother Zhang in a mall. Today we are going to an Air Force museum, so that should be pretty fun. I'll be sure to take some Top Gun photos for you - Taiwanese-style Top Gun.

Pretty much the rest of the week was all just finding. Which isn't that bad to be honest. We've been having trouble finding people, but that's pretty normal I've decided. To be honest it sounds like the whole mission is on a little bit of a slow down. I've been talking with some elders and they all say the same thing, but that's okay. I'm sure things will pick up.... maybe.

It's looking like this might be the last week for me in Daliao. Which is really sad. I really like the members here and it's a great area. I don't know, there's something really cool about the Daliao Ward that I haven't been able to figure out. All I know is that they're a wonderful ward and I'm grateful for their kindness towards the missionaries.

This week we went tracting. It was really fun. I actually enjoy tracting. We tracted into this guy who answered the door and immediately invited us in to drink some beer. So naturally like all missionaries, we went right in. We sat down and then declined beer 4 times, but then we talked with these two guys for like 45 minutes about the difference between Christian churches and stuff. It was really fun. Every time I talked though, one of the guys was just freaking out. He had a huge man crush on me. Pretty much anything I said he would say stuff like, "The more and more this guy talks the more I believe in God." He was astounded that me and my companion were able to speak Chinese. He was just freaking out. It was hard not to laugh sometimes. He was obviously a little bit tipsy. Oh well, they were interested, but no interested enough in us coming back. They basically told us they would rather drink away their days.

That's all I got.. I don't really have much to write about. Nothing really happened. Hahaha. I love you all though! I'm grateful for your prayers and support!












No comments:

Post a Comment