Sunday, August 13, 2017

I'll be white wash training in YuanLin...its bittersweet leaving Daliao

Hello!

Yes, I got the news that I'll be white wash training in YuanLin 員林 (YuanLin 1st Ward). I'm pretty excited that I'll finally be able to train a missionary. Although the white wash part I'm a little nervous about to be honest. I think it's going to be a little rough not knowing where to go or pretty much anything about the area. But, I got some tips from Elder Hansen who has white washed twice on his mission. I think it'll be quite the adventure though. On top of that, It's very possible that I could be training Elder Layton who went home A REALLY long time ago. He comes back to Taiwan in a couple of months. But, I don't know if he needs to be retrained or how that's all going to work. But I hope to see him at the Mission Office.

As for now, this afternoon I will move all of my stuff to the neighboring area which is FengShan 鳳山 and I'll be staying with a missionary that will be training too. And then I'll take all of my stuff on Thursday morning and throw it on a train. I'll go up to the Mission Office and grab my trainee. Then throw all of our stuff on a train and make our way down to YuanLin 員林. So that should be interesting....

As for my week. We honestly had a ton of people cancel on us and overall are just not that great at meeting with us. On Wednesday we had a good time though. During English class we had two girls walk in and they just start talking with Elder Hansen in perfect English. They start telling him that one of the girls lived in Utah for a little bit and was with a Mormon family. She really liked the family a lot and became fascinated with their lives and their religion. She told us that she had a ton of interest in learning more. The reason why she didn't investigate in Utah is because she felt pressured and felt that if she sincerely wanted to investigate everyone would be freaking out and trying to get her dunked super quick. We met with them a couple days later and they were super awesome! The lesson went over by a lot......

It was a really bittersweet week knowing that I was leaving Daliao. I'm honestly kind of bummed out to be leaving such a fun area with such great members. Yesterday, Sunday, we went and ate dinner at Mr. Gorgeous' house. It was so fun.  But the whole time I was thinking, oh man... I'm going to be leaving these guys behind. I was really sad to say some of the goodbyes at church. But, I have plans of coming back to visit.

I'm really excited to hear that Scott will be visiting you really soon. He gave me a call and told me all about it last night. That's going to be so cool. I'm glad to hear that you'll be learning how to make real fried rice and hot pot. We actually ate hot pot with the YuanShan 圓山 Elders that was super good. I just love hot pot but it gives me the strangest dreams. One time I ate hot pot in Beitun 北屯 and I had a dream our Zone Leader was chasing me around naked trying to...... assault me.

I had a really good week and I love you all so very much!

Last Monday we went to the Air Force Museum it was really fun and pretty cool. It reminded me of going to Hill Air Force Base with Dad.

I actually lost my camera cord a couple of days ago and I bought a new cord so I can charge it.. But for some reason I can't get the photos off the camera or it won't even register into the computer... But fortunately people can send me photos and stuff.​​​​​​​​​​






No comments:

Post a Comment