Sunday, July 9, 2017

This week we've just been getting "Chinged"

Hello!

This week was really good. So now, I'm with Elder Hansen from SLC UT. He lives 5 minutes away from the Temple. He's really awesome and we had a really fast/great week. Pretty much from the start of our companionship we've been getting along really well. I do have to say, it's a little weird being able to speak fluent/fast English again. Sometimes I catch myself speaking kind of slow and boring to make sure he gets it and then he just looks at me weird. But other than that, we've been doing really good and working really hard. This week we were able to find some new investigators and we saw some cool miracles and stuff. I don't know why, but this week we've just been getting "Chinged." (which means when people feed you food or give you stuff) ..But people have given us food literally every single day. Which is crazy...

This week we met with Tom and his Son. Tom's wife passed away last year and he's always known the missionaries since he was a little kid, so he loves missionaries and loves to give us stuff, but hasn't really had time to meet with us. Then out of nowhere after knowing Tom since I've been here in Daliao he randomly invited us to a dinner and asked us to come teach his son and co-worker's daughter at a Vietnamese restaurant. So of course we get there and eat a delicious meal of Taiwanese and Vietnamese food and then we taught them the Plan of Salvation. It was really awesome to talk about how we can all live with each other for forever and stuff. I think that really hit Tom and his son pretty hard. They both loved the lesson and wanted to know more. The only problem is time. Tom is a teacher and is very busy so it's a little bit hard to find time....

I've been having a lot of fun developing ward relationships and stuff. I really like to talk to the ward members and just get to know them better. Me and my companion are going to make it a point to try to deliver notes to everybody in the ward and visit them for a minute, but that requires me to write in Chinese. So this week I've been learning how to write Chinese finally. The weird thing is....I really like it and enjoy it a lot. I think it's kind of weirdly relaxing. So this week I learned how to write 200 characters. They don't look that good and sometimes have small mistakes, but I think it's really fun. I'm definitely going to keep learning Chinese after my mission without a doubt. I just love the language more and more everyday. It's so fun.

For the record, it's been really hot here, too. I've been getting sunburned like crazy. The ward is kind of freaking out over it because I'm pretty much sunburned everyday. Hahaha, and then one day I was eating dinner with some Elders and my companion and there was a mirror next to our table I looked in the mirror and what did I see...... a Mexican. Hahahaha

For P-Day we are going to a super expensive buffet called Harbor. It's really fancy and expensive. We're just going to go eat food all day with a ton of elders and a missionary that's going home.. His parents are here with him.

I love you all so very much and I'm grateful for your love and support!


Sorry don't have a ton of pictures this week!







No comments:

Post a Comment