Sunday, November 26, 2017

I'm starting to get a little nervous to come home

Hello! 大家好!

We had a great Thanksgiving here in XinYing actually! Me and Elder Zeyer decided that we need to celebrate Thanksgiving, so we went to the nearby store and bought a bunch of stuff and then cooked it all up for dinner.  It was really good.  We had a chicken and some American soup. There's an import section in the store, so we went over there and just started grabbing stuff. We had a great time and cooked it all up at the church. I was surprised that I knew how to carve a chicken. It was pretty tough.

On Monday, to celebrate my birthday, we went to the beach and had a lot of fun. Then, the week was just kind of regular.  Most of our investigators have baptismal dates for the last Saturday that I'm here, so if things work out we should be baptizing 3 times on one day. That's the goal, but we will see what happens. Our investigators right now are pretty solid, but we have a few worries.

This week has also been kind of cold, but fortunately, right as things got cold, I got your package, and I was overjoyed to find that there was indeed a coat in the package. So, I'm very grateful for the jacket. It's been in use almost everyday. It always surprises me how cold Taiwan gets. I'm also a baby about the cold now. I find 85 Degree's comfortable. I find 70 degrees really cold. So I'll be sure to pass away quick when I get to Utah.

Other than that nothing really happened this week. It was just kind of an average week. I have 3 weeks though... So there's that... We're having a mission tour this week, so that's going to be fun. I'll be able to see Elder Brenchley and the old crew in YuanLin. I miss the guys a lot! They were super fun. I might ask them to bring some Curry Rice from one of my favorite places up there.

I'm doing really good myself though. I'm starting to get a little nervous to come home, and I'm trying to think of all things that I'm going to miss about Taiwan.

I love you all so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment