Sunday, November 19, 2017

We're really seeing a lot of progression with our investigators

Sorry to hear the drain got clogged. That's pretty crazy that it was clogged 20 ft down the drain. How does that even happen?

Don't worry about the military emails. I love them. I read them over and over. I actually save them and read them. So don't worry about it. Keep them coming.

This week was a really good week for us in XinYing. I don't know what's going on here, but we're really seeing a lot of progression with our investigators. We have 3 people that are on track to be baptized. So we "should" be having a baptism every week until I go home. As for finding, we suck. Of course, I don't know why my finding skills suck. That's really a killer. I just suck at finding. Never have been good at it on my mission.

This week our investigator passed her baptismal interview. So she should be getting baptized not this week but next week. Then after that we should be baptizing some other people before I go home. We're trying to set up all of our goals for the last Saturday I'm on Island. Some people have accepted. As for the actual baptismal interview, that night was kind of crazy. Mostly because I had to do an interview for the sisters' investigator, and then an hour later our investigator was going to be interviewed by the zone leaders. So, I interviewed the sisters' investigator and she didn't quite make it. She had some past issues, so she had to talk with President Teh. So she did.... immediately right after. We skyped in. Then I had to translate the interview for President. It was pretty good.. She ended up being okay and then she'll get baptized this week. But it was very crazy.

Last night, we came across a couple in a park. We started talking to them and they were using some Taiwan English to talk to us. We laughed a lot and they were very curious about our lives as missionaries. Then he randomly said, come to my house for some tea time. We said okay. Then we went over and explained how we couldn't drink tea and that water was fine. Then they just bombarded us with questions about being missionaries. It was really good we laughed a lot and they told us about their 3 kids that were studying abroad and moved out. Then we shared about how we have to sacrifice to come out to be missionaries. They were very moved. Then we had a prayer and I said the prayer. I prayed for the safety and welfare of their kids. When we concluded the prayer I looked up and he was in tears. His wife was also really close to crying to. They said how they were grateful for our prayer. We then said, would you have time that we could share more? Then they said no...........Thus began a very disappointing bike ride home, but it was good.

That's about it for the week! I'm doing really good and I'm getting trunky! I'm not ashamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment