Sunday, November 12, 2017

I'm pretty sure I burglarized 50 homes and went into a house that was a little explosive

Oh boy....5 more weeks and I'll be back.. That's super weird. It's kind of hitting me that I don't have a whole lot of time left on my mission. Last night I had some trouble sleeping. But I'm okay!

My first week in XinYing was pretty interesting.. There's a lot of stuff that happened. At first glances XinYing seems like a decently city place. It's got long roads that stretch on. It's got some decently nice clothing stores. It's got a lot of cool stuff here. But, I quickly found that finding people in XinYing is pretty hard. It seems that most people in XinYing are around the age of 92. But it's been pretty fun.  Me and Elder Zeyer are having a lot of fun. He's really cool and we laugh a ton. He's also pretty good at keeping me busy by talking to me about whatever. We've come up with a few plans to help me stay on my toes and moving so that I don't just curl up into a ball and die from the trunkiness.

There's lots of opportunities for service here though. My first few couple of days we were invited to help this old man carry some bags up to his apartment. He's a member. We thought that these bags were going to weigh a ton but they ended up weighing nothing. They were super light and I wondered why we were there. Then we went into his house dropped off the bags and then throughout the entire apartment complex we wandered around opening up random people's doors and walking and grabbing boxes. I'm pretty sure I burglarized 50 homes. Some people even asked us, "What are you doing in my house?" It was honestly the weirdest thing ever. We had to carry some water filters down a bunch of stairs and put them in his car. Then he drove us over to his new house which was still being built and walked in. It's  missing some walls and stuff for reference and there's all of these pipes on the ground. Then he goes, "Careful, everything in here is a little explosive." I literally said in English, "What. Why are we here then?" My companion just started dying laughing and we walked (carefully) around his new house and took some pictures with him. He's a weird member.

But the mornings really make the day for me. Me and Elder Zeyer have kept my running tradition going. Every morning we get up and run to the nearby stadium and then we do laps and other workouts. I love it so much. It just feels good to run. It's also nice to have a track vs. a lumpy Taiwanese road. We're having a lot of fun out here. Oh! And one of Elder Zeyer's recent converts is a police officer. So Saturday morning he came over to the track and went for a run. It was super fun to run with him. I love talking to him about police work.

Then yesterday we had to run an hour long fireside and I had to talk in church. It went well. I find it weird that I can understand what everyone is saying and I was just talking to them like I would talk to someone in English. It was good. I also got a package from a member. I randomly had a girl give me a package and said it was from a friend from YuanLin. Then I saw it was one of my good buddies. He sent me a bunch of cookies.

Yesterday we also made tons of pancakes and fried rice. It was pretty good. I don't usually cook.

As for the work here, we have 2 people that are pretty awesome. We might be having a baptism soon. There's some 15 year old girl that is pretty much going to get baptized. I didn't really teach her anything so I don't know.

I really love it here though it's really fun and I'm excited to see all of you pretty soon here.








No comments:

Post a Comment