Sunday, April 9, 2017

We got an email from Charlotte Gao

Hello to the families of Elders Miller and Burge!!
This weekend we had a conference party!


For the first session we had cookies and milk -- and it was Oreos and Chips Ahoy, because that's the best I could do in Taiwan.  Then, I didn't get a picture but between sessions, we had fried chicken, apple pie, french fries, and ice cream from MacDonalds.


​Sunday morning it was chips and salsa.


​And between sessions, it was macaroni and cheese and hot dogs and BBQ sauce.  I didn't have serving bowls, so I brought it in pitchers.  And I was afraid the mac & cheese wouldn't turn out so I made alfredo too...

When I was growing up, before everything was online, I was in a tiny branch and one of the guys in our ward told Salt Lake that his house was the church meeting house, and they sent him a satellite box decoder so we could watch conference at his house.  And so the whole branch brought food and we lounged around on couches and partied....

It's hard to be abroad.  And conference feels like home.  So I've just continued this tradition with the Elders.

Thank you for parting with your sons for these couple of years.  They are a great blessing to all of us here in Taiwan!!  They are needed, and are doing a great and useful work.

Thank you,
高明馨/Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment