Monday, April 24, 2017

我愛你媽媽!!!

Oh man! I miss you guys so much. Happy birthday mom! I love you so much and I'm blessed to have a loving mother as you. You're the best and I'm thankful for your support and example. I always tell my investigators how great of an example you were to read your scriptures every morning. You'll forever be a great example to me and my mother whom I love very much! You're the best mom and I wish you a happy birthday!

我愛你媽媽!!! (I love you mom)

It's sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. Yeah, I'm really thinking the UofU now for college. But I think I'll go to SLCC first. I don't know where to begin with stuff this week but I'll start off with things that happened.

On Monday we went to the 85 a big skyscraper in the heart of Gaoxiong. It's really cool. I got a lot of cool pictures. It was just a testimony to me that I like Gaoxiong more than Taizhong. I really want to take the family back to Taiwan,  you know, when we're all billionaires.

This week we've had to work our butts off. We were working in the rain all week. And when it rains in Taiwan that puts a big X on missionary work. Taiwanese people hate rain and believe that the rain will make you go bald and get you sick.  So most people start freaking out when it rains and will run inside which sucks because then I can't really do my job. So I just pretty much bike around in the rain getting soaked. I don't really mind it. Previously, in my other areas like Beitun I would've been sad or something, but I just don't really care anymore. I'm just doing my best. But, yeah not a whole lot of people talked to us this week... I'm also not the best at finding, so that sucks.

This week was actually not bad though. I called up a recent convert in our ward that is a young kid. Recently, at school there's been a lot of tests and stuff. So I asked him if he could meet with us. He was willing to meet with us and we did. When we met with him I noticed that he looked sick and tired. I could obviously tell that he was under a lot of stress. So we just sang some songs with him and watched some Mormon Messages. He said it made him feel better... He's a good kid!

Most of our investigators are disappearing, which is sad. But, I think next week we'll be able to find some new people. We also have someone on track to be baptized this transfer. His name is Arty. He's a 13 year old boy that's a member's son. I think I've already talked about him. He has a lot of trouble coming to church though, because he stays up late playing MineCraft. Sounds familiar? His dad also believes that he has to make his own choices, so if he wants to get baptized and go to church he has to do it himself. So, he has to wake himself up and tell his dad he wants to go. I think he'll get baptized, he just needs to come to church this week. He promised he would. He really likes me and calls me every night to talk and joke.

I'm doing really good though. Sorry again! I don't really have much.












No comments:

Post a Comment