Monday, April 10, 2017

Transfer Day - Waiting on my new companion Elder Hongvilai(?)

Things are really crazy and I apologize for not emailing. Today is transfer day! So I will be getting my new companion, Elder Hongvilai(?). He's from Thailand! So it should be pretty fun. I'm excited to serve with him. I talked to him on the phone briefly and it was pretty fun. We had to use a mix of Chinese and English. He doesn't really speak English or Chinese. Hahahaha! So my English is probably going to be jacked up by the end of the transfer.


This s week nothing really happened. It was one of my more boring weeks. We've just been working on getting our investigators to be tipped over into the baptismal font. We have lots of cool people basically ready to be baptized, but they just won't budge and have the weirdest doubts. So we're trying really hard. But I think this transfer we can baptize at least one. We should be able to get more. We had a little fun adventure this week since Elder Miller was moving we have these HUGE scrolls we bought this P-Day that have these really cool designs and stuff, but they don't fit in any sort of luggage, so we had to slow boat it home. But it was super crazy, because the post office didn't have any boxes that were able to hold the scrolls, so we had to go outside and go look for our own ghetto box. So we went to a store and found this clothes hangar thing. We really just wanted the box, but we had to end up buying the clothes hangar thing, throw everything out, and put our scrolls inside and mail it. I was laughing super hard, because we were in the store and we literally opened up the box and stuck our scrolls in it to make sure it worked. Hahahah! I thought it was so ghetto. On the bright side, the clothes hangar is being used. So it's a win-win.

Conference was really cool. I enjoyed many of the talks. We had a member give us a ton of American food. She's really nice. She's from the US and she teaches English in Taiwan. She's really nice to us and helps us a ton. I think she sent you a picture.... I really enjoyed all of the talks though, my favorite was probably Elder Holland's talk. I really like what he talked about. We got macaroni and cheese from that member. It was kind of ghetto the way it was made but it was good. Melted down cheese slices on noodles...... Oh well it was good!

I don't really have a a whole lot of time to write. But I love you all so very much!! I'll send some pictures next week.

Elder Hatch and Elder Fuller have both moved down to Gaoxiong... So... There should be some good P-Days coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment