Sunday, November 27, 2016

Fog, rain, and root beer

Hey hello!

Yeah my birthday was pretty fun! We went to Pizza Rock. Scott Ji is a good guy.






We did a lot of contacting this week. We found an aboriginal kid about 19 years old to teach. We met with him and shared the first lesson during the contact. He seemed pretty interested, but he's recently fallen off the radar. It's been raining a ton this week, and it's really cold rain, too. So, it's been hard to contact people. You basically can't contact people in the rain here. They don't want anything to do with you when it rains, and they just tell you to go home. So, it's been a little bit tough to work hard.

For Thanksgiving, we went to the Ohms family's home. They invited us over for Thanksgiving. So I was lucky enough to have a normal American Thanksgiving. I had root beer for the first time in 10 months! It wasn't on Thanksgiving. It was just a different night. On the normal night of Thanksgiving we went to KFC hahaha. It was magical and regrettable.

Lately, we've been struggling to find people to teach, and investigators have dropped us a lot. It's been hard to stay positive and most people are not willing to meet with us after the 1st lesson.

It's getting cold, so there is a lot of fog because of the humidity. Our apartment, like all the apartments here have no heat. Fortunately, I have a nice black sweater I wear over my white shirt. Not only do I look good, but I'm also very warm. I have to wear a jacket to bed sometimes, because it's so cold. We have tricks like wearing socks on our hands. I wear my hoodie to bed most nights. Blankets are kind of expensive for us, and I don't need an extra one. I have a blanket and a sheet. I'm good hahaha...don't worry. Guo Nian, Chinese New Year is coming up, so the cold is only going to get worse...probably right around the time I become senior companion for the first time.

We don't really have plans for p-day, we're just going to get some hot pot with an investigator and then that's it... Should be fun..

I'm doing really well! I'm happy and working hard! I love you all so very much! It sounds like Thanksgiving was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment