Sunday, November 6, 2016

Elder Wilkinson is awesome and Canadian

大家好!

This week was pretty good. This week was my first official full week working with Elder Wilkinson. He's awesome and Canadian. Yeah, he was born in Canada. He's super funny and we get along pretty well. We also work really hard. We love talking about funny stuff and we're constantly laughing. It's funny because I can actually hear the Canadian in his English. "Owh yeah, that's what I'm talking aboat." But yeah, things are going really well here. We are learning to love our area and we've been exploring it a little more. We found a good fried rice place and it was awesome.

As for teaching investigators this week. Our investigator Lin 林 who had a baptismal goal, is going to jail this Christmas. Yeah, he told us that he can't get baptized because he'll be in jail. He's a very weird guy. Oh well, he said he was willing to continue to search for an answer and pray while he does his time in Taiwanese jail. He'll be in for 2-3 years he said. So that's fun... Then a couple days ago we came across an nice 50 year old man from mainland China. He's visiting Taiwan for a little. He had a really bad mainland Chinese accent and it was super hard for me to understand him sometimes. He was willing to come get a tour of the church and we taught him a little. Then we invited him to go to church and he never showed up and we don't have his phone number or address... So I guess he's gone?

This week we also scrubbed our apartment clean. We got obsessed with cleaning this week. It was super weird. We cleaned so much. The apartment looks fantastic now though.

This week we also helped the Ohm's family move into their new apartment. (They're the American/Taiwanese family.) It was really fun, but you could totally tell that they were very stressed so it was a little awkward for us. Then they made us Mexican food and it was SO good. They usually make Mexican food for us. It was really fun to hear about how they live their lives in Taiwan. Their new house was very nice. I would not mind living in a house like that if I had/or ever wanted to live in Taiwan. They have an elevator in their house and each floor is a different child's room. It's pretty cool.

Other than that, that was pretty much our week. We have a lot of potential investigators set up. I'm starting to feel bad about my Chinese.... again. I still feel like I don't know anything, because I forget stuff and I'm really bad at speaking... I can listen pretty well most of the time but I can't speak very well. Elder Wilkinson is really good at speaking it. Yeah, Chinese is freaking hard. I still do the language study program but now it's not gospel focused. It's just everyday whatever words. So it's hard to apply it.

I'm doing well though! I love you all so very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment