Monday, October 31, 2016

My new companion is Elder Wilkinson

Hello! Happy Halloween!!

Sounds like you guys had an interesting week!

I liked the pictures you sent me! Mom's, Ale's and Ben's costumes look cool! People wear those normally here regardless of seasons/holidays.

This week was super weird for me! Elder Hatch is moving across town to DongFeng and I'm staying in BeiTun. My new companion is Elder Wilkinson. He just got done training a new missionary at the south end of the mission.


This week was pretty busy. We went and helped the new missionaries out for a night and it was super fun! I love it. It was super fun taking a new missionary out and hitting the streets. It was funny to watch my "at the time" trainee try to contact people... I'll admit his Chinese was SUPER bad. That's alright I was probably worse. It was like a deer in headlights though. It was weird being able to understand what was going on and basically contacting by myself. It felt like not too long ago that I didn't know what was going on. Eh, sometimes I don't know what's going on still. Nonetheless, it wassuper fun and I enjoyed it. I think he had fun too.

Then one of the companionships that live down the street from me called us and told us that we would have to be in a trio because one of them is training. So for the rest of the week we had..... ELDER HUANG from GaoXiong be in our trio. He's going to Eugene Oregon soon. It was super fun! We used only Chinese for the rest of the week. It was weird to make jokes and stuff. He speaks a little English but not too much. We had fun telling him about America and teaching him American slang. I mean, he is going to Oregon so we figured we'd get him in the loop now. On the flip side he taught us some Chinese and Taiwanese so we can understand the older folk here when they call us names. We ate a lot of Taiwanese food for Elder Huang. He's really nervous. He wanted to eat rice all week so we did that. There's some noodle shops here that are super sketchy. So... Sometimes I'd be eating noodles and they'd taste like poo--or my favorite chlorine. He also showed us all of his Chinese EFY music. We were laughing pretty hard. It was fun for the 4 days I was with him and I'll miss him a lot.




Last night, the Ohms family gave us an American dinner. They're an American/Chinese family living in Taiwan. They're a super cool family and the dad is American and served in Vancouver, Canada. He speaks fluent Chinese and his wife is Taiwanese. They have 5? kids and they're all super talented and awesome. It was fun to listen to his mission stories and stuff. He has some good ones.

That's pretty much it. We have some potential investigators lined up. We might be teaching an RC's brother. Tonight we a teaching the Bishop's son's friend a first lesson at McDonalds. Hope it's a great first McDiscussion.

I know that church is true. I didn't really believe it before my mission but now I know. There's a lot of simple truths in the Gospel that really solidify my testimony of the Gospel. No other church really believes in us being together forever as eternal families. I've seen the change of heart that comes from the Atonement of Jesus Christ in many people. My investigators and recent converts and myself. The Gospel is true! .......Yeah! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you all so very much!!





No comments:

Post a Comment