Sunday, November 13, 2016

We have some really cool investigators now

Hello!

This week was super good! I love my companion. We we've been working hard and found some new investigators this week. It was weird.  All we had to do was go through our former investigators. There was a ton of nice people we met. Some were very interesting... like one of our investigators is Ex-Chinese-Mafia.... So that's pretty interesting.  Now he's in the military. He's really nice though and we taught him a little.

We went to Costco on Monday last week. It was pretty American.  That same day we got a call from our zone leader's saying that a miracle just happened. So I asked, "What?" They told me that a man had walked into the church and said he met with BeiTun missionaries before and had lessons but lost communication with them. Now he want's to be baptized with his girlfriend. Like this week. So they were freaking out and telling us that this was the biggest miracle of our mission and stuff like that. Then they handed me the phone and I tried to set up a time to meet with him. While I was in the mists of setting up a time, the zone leaders took the phone away and started telling me that this a big miracle, so I never got to set up a time with him. Then they said that he had to go. He said the he was going to call us...... so the zone leaders gave him our number..................He never called us..............We freaking hate the zone leaders sometimes.

Oh goodness... Taiwan blew up when Donald Trump became president... Crap when down big time here. Everyone was like self-contacting us and talking to us about it. I got accused of running away from America....Which didn't make sense because the flight here is like 16 hours... It was so funny. Everyone here is obsessed with American politics and news. So of course, everyone here was freaking out and telling us that America is going to be destroyed. We couldn't even contact people...

We're meeting with a lot of military people now. I'm not sure why, lots of army guys and stuff. I don't know, we have some really cool investigators now. I prefer that over the streets so...

Yeah, my Chinese is still super bad. It's been so long since I've taught lessons, so I have to relearn my vocabulary for the lessons. I definitely want to study Chinese in college, except I read traditional and not simplified characters which is what they use on the mainland and in college, so I'm kind of discouraged.

Other than that, that was my week. It was just kind of the same thing...We're going to get some American pizza today from a guy that moved from Chicago to Taiwan. So Chicago pizza in Taiwan!

As for the birthday package... I don't know... Surprise me! Haha!

I love you all so very much! I'm sorry this email was not that good! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment