Sunday, November 20, 2016

Pizza and bowling for my birthday

生日快樂!! Thank you!

Foremost, I would like to thank Grandma and Grandpa Burge for the card and letter they sent me! I'm very thankful.

Yeah, I'm 20 now. Woo. So my birthday was yesterday. So for my birthday, I woke up and ate some rotten eggs for breakfast. Then I went to church. Then I came home and ate some ramen. Then I went tracting for the rest of the night. You could say it was beyond magical. Hahaha. Yeah it was alright though. Just another day. Today I'm celebrating with Scott. He's driving from my old area to meet me at a pizza place called Pizza Rock. Then afterwards we're going bowling. Should be pretty fun!

That mouse story is so sad. You should've just eaten him! What are you doing?! That's such a waste of food.

We found a ton of investigators this week actually! Our area is really growing. We're finding all these really cool people. We're pretty sure Brother Lin went to jail. We haven't been able to get a hold of him lately and his phone is turned off. So we can only assume. We're teaching a lot of young college guys and stuff so it's going really well. Many of them are really promising. So we're doing really good!

This week we've been having a lot of fun making calls in Starbucks. We like to get hot chocolate and make calls. The hot chocolate at Starbucks is pretty good. The reason why we make calls there is because 1. It's quiet. 2. Hot chocolate is good. 3.Christmas music

This week I also had the cool opportunity to meet a Taiwanese Special Forces guy.  He's super cool. I heard from the other elders that he was part of a group of aboriginals that have their own special forces group kind of like the Navy SEALS. What he used to do, is swim for a small island near China and then sneak into military bases and kill Chinese soldiers. He would bring back the heads of the soldiers because that's an aboriginal tradition. But then he started killing so many that he could only swim back with just the ears. He's super ripped.

For Thanksgiving the American family might be inviting us for a meal which is super nice. They're very nice to us!

I love you all so very much! Thank you for the birthday wishes! I got some birthday pictures from the QingShui Branch!








No comments:

Post a Comment