Sunday, December 4, 2016

Probably one of the worst weeks of my mission

Hey!

Thanks for mailing the package! Also thank you Grandpa and Grandma Burge for mailing one too!

Christmas sounds crazy in the states as usual. I'm glad everything is also equatable to how many shotguns they could get. That's so funny.  I miss the Christmas shopping tradition. It's so fun.. Good times.... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Unfortunately, this week was probably one of the worst weeks of my mission. This week our numbers were pretty much straight zeros. We didn't teach any lessons this week. It started off with my bike tire exploding on Tuesday night and then we had 3 lessons set up and they all stood us up and then it was raining too so we had to look for a bike store in downtown Taizhong. Unsuccessfully, we had to leave my bike at the mission office and I had to take a spare home. The spare bike is much nicer than my regular bike hilariously enough. My bike is a piece of crap... The next day we got my bike tire fixed and I was riding around when my bike tire started to make some weird noises. So we took it to a bike shop and had to replace the axle in my bike. So I spent quite a bit of money on my bike this week.

We also had a weird random family come into the church bawling and crying about their dying Mom in the nearby hospital. So we sat down with them and talked to them. It was weird because they basically told us that they wanted us to heal their dying Mom... We told them that we couldn't heal their Mom and they just bawled even more and stormed out.. It was super depressing.

To make the week better we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders again.. I actually had a decent time on exchanges. We were in the Zone Leaders' area of downtown Taizhong. I forgot how nice people are outside of Beitun. It was actually enjoyable to contact people. But when we got back to our area we received a rude reminder that no one in Beitun likes missionaries.

Transfers are coming up and next week I could possibly have a new companion. But, were guessing we might stay together another transfer. It's very possible. The President has made small hints that me and Elder Wilkinson will be together. He's a good missionary. It's hard to stay motivated in our area and about missionary work overall. We got wrecked super bad this week and we're both really discouraged. Yesterday I got to call a former investigator and he basically went off in English about how Joseph Smith is a liar and I'm part of a heretical church...just adding onto the already bad week...
I'm glad that everyone back home is doing well! I'm very grateful for the emails and packages! They keep me going.

Love you! I can't wait to talk to you on Skype sometime. Not sure when.









No comments:

Post a Comment