Sunday, September 25, 2016

We're basically white washing the area here

大家好!

Hello! This week was super freaking crazy. Where do I begin.....

Well for starters this area is super cool. I really like it here. It's downtown 台中. I really like it. I think it's really pretty here because there's all these skyscrapers and stuff. Our apartment has a pretty nice view of the skyline. It's also really pretty here at night because all the buildings are lit up and it's just really pretty.  We don't really have AC. So.... It's like 35 C/95 F in our apartment. I don't sleep with any blankets or anything. That sucks. There are just the two of us in the apartment, so it's really quiet at night. We mostly just do our own thing and language study the entire time. Haha.

This week has been super tiring. We're basically white washing (starting out from scratch) the area here... Most of the time here we run around contacting on the streets. Most of our investigators are 還好 (below average.) So it's kind of hard to set up times. So we hit the streets and talk to people all day. I personally really suck at it. I can't ever get any numbers or anything. I just end up getting hit on by Taiwanese women of all ages. I don't know, they basically think me and my companion are idiots. Our language skills are pretty much on the same level.  We don't understand like anything ever.  They have to say it 4,000 times. They get frustrated. We laugh about it though.  Our language skills are improving though.

The ward has made me feel pretty welcome here for the most part. We've been meeting with Jones a recent convert (RC). He used to be a pilot in the Taiwanese Air Force and now he just flies planes for fun. He's super fun to talk to. He also takes us to KFC 1-2 times a week. So we just eat KFC and then it's all military talk with him...haha! I love him so much. He's super nice. He want's me to join the US Air Force for some reason. He also love's Top Gun.

Our English teaching program is super wack here. Not the actual English program but the students here. It's a lot different here. The range of people you get here in the city is crazy.  You have people of all ages and all backgrounds here, so we even have prostitutes and stuff taking classes. They'll offer you very inappropriate things. It was super awkward. One came up and asked me for something inappropriate. She said it would only take 5 minutes. It took all the energy and willpower invested in me to say no, of course...haha.

Last night we went to a family's house for dinner. They're a white family that lives in our ward. They're super cool and all of their kids speak Chinese and English. So they all gave me a ton of crap when I had to give a 5 minute talk in church. Just kidding.  They all were very nice and pity complimented me. They made us chicken taco's which was the bomb because there's NO Mexican food in TaiZhong. It was super good. Then he brought out Tim-Tam's. He showed us what a Tim-Tam Slam was. You basically bite the Tim-Tam and then suck warm milk using the Tim-Tam as a straw and then eat it super fast so that it melts in your mouth. It's pretty much the best thing I've eaten. I want you all to try it.

There's a Costco in TaiZhong.  Apparently, it's like 40 minutes away. They even have Pizza there! They import stuff from America too, so there's good stuff. Lots of missionaries like to go, because it makes them feel like they're home.

I really do love you all so very much!









  


No comments:

Post a Comment