Sunday, September 4, 2016

Something Gross...

Hello! Family!

Looks like you guys at a lot of fun this week. So you guys were out trying Chinese restaurants? That's pretty cool! Oh man, I can't wait to come back and speak Chinese to the waiters/waitresses. Then again, at this point I'm thinking that's the only way I'll be able to communicate with anyone. My English is so trash. Anytime we run into white people here it's hilarious. 1. Because all white people that come here won't talk to us and have kind of a, "Alright we know, don't worry, we know the scam you want us to join your cult." 2. We usually respond with broken English. It's super funny. We always laugh at each other. Honestly, Chinese is just starting to sound like English to me. When me and the other Elders use Chinese it just sounds like we're all talking in English. I text in Chinese now... Yeah... So their keyboards are half Chinese half English. So I can switch the keyboard to Chinese. 簡單. That picture was Preach My Gospel. I'm learning how to read right now.


The pictures looked really good. It doesn't look too far off from what I eat everyday. Mine just looks more 3rd world and sometimes tastes 3rd world. Don't judge me too much, but while driving home with a member he was talking a lot about sweet potatoes. Then he pulled over and went over to an oil drum and bought some sweet potatoes. Yes, the potatoes were cooked in an old oil drum. I have pictures... It was very 還好.


When you guys sent the pictures, the branch president and his wife were super excited! They love seeing pictures of you guys. She came up to me at church and was showing me that you guys replied and stuff. I think she really liked it. She was asking me questions about Mango and stuff. They all thought it was super weird that Mango was eating a fortune cookie.

This week was super busy! We found a lot of people to teach this week. The good news is my RC 林 Lin Jun Fang got re-married to his wife. So now they're preparing to be married in the temple! Which is awesome! His wife cooks really good food, so we ate a little at his house.


We ate at a lot of people's houses this week. Which is good. Nothings really new, just teaching people and talking to people. Some days I feel like my Chinese is pretty okay. Then other days I feel, to quote my good friend Elder Fuller, "autistic."

The other day we found this HUGE spider next on our balcony. It was nasty. We killed it... Yeah..



But, I'm doing pretty good. Transfers are in two weeks. I'll probably be moving south. Hopefully out of Taizhong.

I love you all so very much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment