Sunday, September 18, 2016

Transferred to PeiTun Ward with Elder Hatch

Hello!

What the heck is going on in the house? That's super weird about the glue board disappearing... So my question is are things cooling down in UT or is it just hot still?

Sounds like Kayleigh might be going to UVU. Right on. UVU is a cool place. I wasn't much of a fan...

Yeah, so Scott heard wrong. That is understandable, because we were all talking about how it'd be cool if I got transferred to GaoXiong. But no. I'm in TaiZhong. Literally the chapel is 5 feet away from the mission home. Therefore, I'm literally in downtown TaiZhong. I've only been here for an hour so I don't really know the area. My companion is Elder Hatch from Bentonville, Arkansas. He's just a generation above me (got to Taiwan six weeks before me), so our Chinese is relatively close. With the pattern that President Teh has shown, I wouldn't be surprised if I was training/senior companion next transfer... There are people in my generation that have gone senior companion/district leader.

So yeah, the move wasn't that big. I'm about an hour and half away from my old area. So I got kicked out of my area SUPER quick. I got a call one night that my companion would be training. So they kicked me out like the next day. So I didn't even get to say goodbye to anybody in the branch. I tried calling some people but they didn't answer since this week was Mid-Autumn Festival. So I spent the remainder of the transfer working in Daya with the zone leaders. I literally did nothing. I just basically followed them around. I'll miss QingShui. Apparently everyone there is super upset because we didn’t get the chance to say goodbye. My old branch president almost cried when he found out I had already left. I don't know, I feel bad about the whole thing, but it wasn't my choice. I will try to see if I can send him a message.

I don't know, my new area doesn't seem too bad. It's super hot and there's tons of stuff to do. I'm in the PeiTun Ward. Our apartment is on the 7th floor. The roof is the next floor up. Apparently it's got a good view from the roof and there's a antenna tower you can climb to get really good pictures of downtown TaiZhong. It's pretty nice though. I have my own bathroom. The view is pretty good. I have a nice view of some skyscrapers and downtown TaiZhong. So I'll be trying to adjust to the city life for a little while. My companion’s only been in the area for 3 weeks, so we're bound to get lost in the concrete jungle. I'm doing really well though. I don’t have a whole lot to talk about this week…just lots of moving heavy stuff and cleaning. 

I'm in Asian New York City. There's these massive skyscrapers on every street. So it boxes in the heat. The good news is they have a drink shop right across from the apartment that sells DongGuaCha, which is basically water at this point for me. It's like 20 cents US. It's super dope. There's tons of food around here. TONS.  It's pretty cool. I'm genuinely excited to serve here. We're getting Qing'd today. Qing'd means fed food by a member. 

I love you guys a lot! I don't have a whole lot of time. Things are really busy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment