Sunday, July 31, 2016

I fall in love with Taiwan more and more everyday

Hello!

Wow, it sounds like your week was pretty good! haha! That's good!!

I hope that Ben and Ale are able to move to Weber soon. I think that'll be good for them haha.

I've never heard of Pineview. It looks really pretty though! That's one of the things I really want to do when I get back. I really want to go on more hikes... Haha! Hiking here in Taiwan is a little different. Hiking to them is more like there's a set trail (usually made out of wood or stone) Then you follow this path. There's no hills. There's nothing too crazy. It's more like walking around in the forest. To them it's more like a peaceful relaxing thing.

Glad to hear the Blazer will work for a little longer. I miss that thing. I haven't driven a car in SO long.... I'm kind of worried that I'll be a Taiwanese driver when I get home.

This week for me was pretty average haha. Nothing really happened. We just taught a lot of people. Our days are just usually packed with lessons. We basically have no time to find pretty much. On the bright side I can participate more and more in lessons. Now the next part is getting rid of my thick American accent in my Chinese. A lot of people have a hard time understanding me. I just laugh sometimes because Chinese is so hard. Hahaha! But, when people do understand me it's pretty cool. I'm able to struggle through basic conversations now. Hahaha, it's really interesting to see how much Chinese I've picked up in the 6 months of my mission. It's also weird to think I've been on my mission for 6 months. It's really flown by so much... Tyson has less than a year left on his mission. He'll be home next July. That's so weird..... Anyway, this week I've been really bonding with the other Elder's in our 4 man. I love it! It's super fun. We laugh a lot and have lot's of jokes. I'm super close with Elder Layton from Alabama. Hahaha, he's super funny! He's always talking to me about Gao Xiong. I really want to move to Gao Xiong. It just sounds super cool. He was showing me pictures today of his apartment in Gao Xiong and it SUPER cool. Sam would love it.

Oh yeah, I also want to take you all to Taiwan. Start saving your money and getting passports. I fall in love with Taiwan more and more everyday. I would really love to take you all here. It's wonderful here!

Well that's all I really got. It's been a pretty good week! This will probably be my last week with Elder Tatton. He's going home soon! Surprisingly not trunky at all. He's a good guy!

I got to meet the new mission president and his wife.  They are super cool.  He doesn't speak Mandarin, so he has a translator for stuff. (The APs) He's also learning the language by going through Phase 1 and stuff. So... He's working on it. His Chinese is actually not that bad.

Well I love you all so very much! I hope you all have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment