Sunday, July 17, 2016

This last week started off a little weird, but it was pretty good

Hello Dajia Hao!

This week was pretty good! It started off a little weird though! On Monday night after emailing you guys we went out to do some tracting. Everything was going fine for the most part... Then we went down this road and saw this guy sitting in a plastic lawn chair with his little girl and son. They were just playing around and having fun. So we went up to him on our bikes and started talking to him.. He immediately gave us the BuYong hand, then told us to go away pretty much. Then he got a little angry and grabbed his chair and put it down inside his house. So we started talking to his little girl who kept asking us questions and stuff. It was really fun to talk to her! She asked us who we were and stuff. Then we started to bike away. I glanced back as were biking away and he picked her up and just smacked her right across the face. I felt so bad... Then we went to the house across the street and met a 85 year old Taiwanese guy that, long story short, was holding his wife hostage and had been doing this for 50 years. His wife told us we needed to leave and that she wasn't allowed to talk to anyone. It was super uncomfortable...

Other than that our week was pretty good! I'm really bonding with Elder Tatton. He's super funny!

I also had the opportunity to go on splits with the Shalu Elders. It was super fun! I went with Elder Layton who's only been on Island a little longer than me! We had a ton of fun! We talked a lot about music and stuff! It was so fun!

I also had the opportunity to go do splits with the zone Leaders. I went with Elder Porter and it was super fun! He's super cool and we talked a lot about life and stuff. It was fun!

It's also been a really busy week though! We have 15ish investigators. So we have a lot of work to do and it's really busy around here. Which is in someways a good thing.

I don't really know what else to write about! It's just been going good. Nothing really new hahaha!

I love you! Sorry to hear Kayleigh is sick! That's no fun! I hope things work out for you guys. Lola sounds....interesting...How does she react around the birds? Do they interact?

I love you guys! -Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment