Monday, July 4, 2016

Finding investigators and fighting a camel spider

Hey! Hello! I hope 4th of July goes well! I'm also glad you got my letter.. I don't remember exactly what I wrote haha. Does my English suck now? Hahaha! Well that's good news because now my Chinese still sucks and now my English is worse!

Sorry to hear Kayleigh got braces! That's not fun. Those days are not fun at all. Ice cream and jello are really good for that. Yeah everytime you get them adjusted they feel terrible. I remember when I first got them on it was the worst though. That's the worst part of braces. Nothing like having tons of metal in your mouth. Not fun! But, I'd say it's worth it. People need to get braces in Taiwan and stop chewing Beetle Nut. Google pictures and have nightmares. Yeah I talk to those people eveyday.

Ben! I'm sorry I can't be there for 4th of July. I get firework shows on a daily basis. Last night they lit off the usually 5,000 unsafe fireworks. Man there's some crazy fireworks. They really go all out. They have fireworks that form certain shapes like hearts and stuff. They also love Mazu parades. Love them. Everynight it's a party in Taiwan. Hahaha! Mobile strip clubs are the worst! Yeah, 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! So I'm kind of bummed out. I miss buying absurd amounts of fireworks and lighting them off! I'll never forget when we accidentally bought the aerial ones and it started going off and going up pretty high and Mom was like, "Is it on the roof! Is it on the roof!" *sigh Good times! hahaha!

This week was pretty good! So my companion is the District Leader! So we've been really really busy this week. We usually don't get done planning until bedtime. I love my new companion though! He's super nice and likes to work hard. He likes to joke around too! He's Elder Tatton! This week we've seen a lot of miracles and crazy stuff! I'm not sure what's going on here but all of our investigators have really (just forgot the Engrish)..... Improved! We've been especially blessed with finding all these families that have interest in us too! Everybody loves my companion and usually super willing to meet with us. So we've been just packed with new lessons and such!

One of the things we did this week was go up to Providence University. While we were waiting for one of our investigators we saw this girl and we started talking to her. She was from a small island in the Pacific and she got a scholarship to the university. Best part is her boyfriend is an RM! So she knew all of the vocabulary and stuff for missionaries. We set up a time and met with her. She's super catholic but she's agreed to continue to meet with us! So we'll see how that goes. The lessons are all in English too so I can actually say stuff.


This week while planning, we got a phone call. It was the Sisters in our area. Apparently a gigantic spider had gotten into their apartment and was crawling around and stuff. They were so scared they wanted us to come over and kill it. So we had to grab the Shalu Elders and go over and kill it. It was kind of awkward to be at their place late at night going through their stuff looking for a camel spider. Eventually we found it in the bathtub and had an all out war. We were smacking it and spraying it. The thing would just not die. It was quite the battle. All the while I'm in tears laughing so hard because all of the Elder's basically were bent over the bathtub yelling and smacking it and spraying it. Then they thought they killed it so they scooped it up out of the bathtub but it came to life again so the battle commenced again. We eventually had to detach the legs from the spider. 

Tropical Storm Nepartak is a typhoon that is expected to hit Taiwan on Thursday. Every single member of our branch has warned us multiple times about the approaching typhoon. Hahaha! I can't wait!! It'll be so fun! We don't go out during typhoons. So we'll probably end up doing calls and possibly sleeping.  It's going to be dope!

My bike chain broke yesterday so I had to get it fixed and then fight the lady for the right price. 

I had a grandma last night give me straight up lemon and then laughed at me like a crazy person because it was super sour.  The fruit in Taiwan is probably the best thing I've ever eaten in my life. Hahaha! It's so good! The Banana's are my favorite. The Banana's in america are absolute crap compared to Taiwan.  For real! It's absolute crap. Like my view on American fruit is so changed. I'm going to be so spoiled when I get back to America. Like American fruit doesn't taste ANYTHING like Taiwanese fruit. I literally ate like 15 banana's because they're so good. I used to hate banana's!

All in all it was a really good week! I'm doing pretty well. Pretty tired because we just have so much stuff to do. But pretty good! That's all I got! I love you guys!


Silas






No comments:

Post a Comment