Monday, June 27, 2016

I got to baptize Lin Jun Fang and I got a new companion -- Elder Tatton

Hey hello!

Sounds like you guys are having a busy time. Hahaha! Sam sent me an email all about his honeymoon. He's pretty much convinced me to live in Colorado! I mean weed is legalized there and everything. Nothing like getting "High on a Mountain Top". Just kidding! I didn't even know Mom was taking college classes....Why?

As for the music, in order for it to be "Xing (Okay-ed) It has to be uplifting, no romantic tones, 100 years old, no overtones or undertones. Uh..what else... I don't know. Traditional Chinese music would be awesome! I DO NOT want Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Not a huge fan. That's all my trainer would listen to.

Nice to hear Mom's working out with the Latina's. Good luck. They're really good at Mom-ing people out and being loud. But in all seriousness sounds like a lot of fun. Don't forget your stretchy pants (Nacho Libre).

Sorry to hear about Grandpa's health. That sounds just terrible. I hope he's doing better.

This week was pretty good. It definitely was one of the funnest weeks of my mission! I don't know why or how but something just kind of clicked with the language. I can safety say I can have pretty basic conversations with people in Chinese and not sound too stupid. I also had the privilege of being in a trio this week. I was in a trio with Elder Watson from Shalu and my trainer. It was awesome! Seriously. I had so much fun. Elder Watson made me laugh so hard. It was fun managing both areas at once but super killer. I was ridiculously tired and literally almost ran into a wall because I was dying of heatstroke. It was super fun! We also got to baptize this week. I baptized Lin Jun Fang. I already told you his story... right? I don't know why but I was the one picked to baptize him. I thought it was going to be my companion, Elder Mitton. I'm not sure who decided that.... So yes, I baptized him. Hopefully, next year he can get sealed to his family in the temple. That would be awesome!




I also got my new companion today! Elder Tatton from Holliday, UT. He's super awesome and I love him to death already. He's super nice. I've been having a lot of fun today showing him around. Unfortunately, I think I'm killing him (i.e., his mission is almost over and I may be his last companion) this transfer. He's also the District Leader. I can't wait to serve with him, it'll be really fun! Other than that, this week has been really good and really fun.


Elder Mitton was made a Zone Leader of the Taichung East Zone and transferred to the Wufeng Ward. Before he left, we went around so he could say good bye.



That's all I really got to be honest. I'm sorry, I'm not too good at writing emails back to you guys.

Oh yeah, Jesse is doing pretty good. We struggled through the first lesson because he talks so much! Hahaha! I love it. I was crying laughing at one point.


Here are some pictures from the combined Taichung Zones Conference we had on June 16th, our last with President and Sister Blickenstaff.






I love you!
-Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment