Sunday, June 19, 2016

John Wayne, famous ties, old buildings, heat, crazy people, and changes

Hey hello!

Happy Fathers day!

Glad to hear the wedding went well! Sam told me all about it and sent me some pictures. It looked like a beautiful wedding. I wish I could've been there and to be honest I was bummed out this week because I couldn't be there. The Timpanogos temple looked really cool! I'm so happy for both of them! They're perfect for each other. Man, Mo Bettah's sounds so good. Sounds like the perfect wedding haha!

This week was alright. It was really hot this week. We just do the same stuff day in and day out. Lots of biking, lots of sweating. I don't know what to really write about. This week we should be having a baptism. He's 45ish and his ex-wife is a member. They have two kids. The reason why she is his ex-wife is because she divorced him, because he didn't want to get baptized and she wanted to get married in the temple. So he progressed really quickly and gained a testimony. So we should be baptizing him. Someone in the ward will probably baptize him. So that should be fun! Other than that, this is my last week with Elder Mitton. So I should be getting a new companion on Monday. This week we are in a trio, because one of the other elders in our apartment died today (i.e., his mission ended). Our ward mission leader is awesome. His name is John Wayne. He speaks English and Chinese. He is super fun to talk to. Sis. Blickenstaff is really trying to get me to finish my phase 1 language training stuff. So lots of pressure on that.

We get a new mission president soon! I can't wait to see the changes he'll make in the mission. Apparently, they're going to be changing up some rules as soon as they get here.

Lately there's been a lot of run ins with crazy people. I don't know what's in the water here but there are a lot of crazy people! I was doing some calls at a 7-11 and I looked up out of the window and some girl was just staring at me with this huge smile. So naturally as a missionary I smile back and wave and she just stands there. She was like literally 4 inches away from the glass right next to me just staring. I kept looking over at her and she just kept this creepy grin on her face. I started laughing cause it was so weird. Then she just disappeared. Then another crazy guy walked in and he had a weird pink shirt on and these tight jeans. He then sat down next to me and was trying to talk to me about the NBA finals. It was weird... There's just tons of crazy people here. It's probably the weather here that makes them go crazy. It's always a nice 140 degrees.

Anyway! Good week for the most part. It's been really hot. We're required to take breaks every now and then because it's dangerous to be outside for long periods of times. Some people don't believe in wasting time though. So we're stuck outside contacting for 4 hours straight.

Love you! I miss you all so very much!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment