Sunday, June 12, 2016

I didn't even know it was possible to rain this much

Oh boy. Sounds like a terrible week. Hahahah! I love the new nickname for the van though (The Blue Whale). That's a pretty cool feature, blowing like a whale every few minutes. That's super scary that President Gibbons got into a car accident. So his he okay? That sounds like a pretty sketchy car accident. I hope Grandpa Burge is okay too! That's really scary that he was having chest pains. So...is he okay too? I also think it's crazy that Sam and Krista are feeding 70 people! Hahaha! Sounds like that will be fun to plan and get all the food for.

Well my week was pretty alright. We didn't really do anything different. Just a lot of teaching and a lot of feeling stupid for me. It rained a lot here. It still is and will rain for another week. It's so bad. The most rain I have ever seen. I didn't even know it was possible to rain this much. We've picked up some new investigators this week. This week we met Jesse while tracting. He was Military Police. He speaks pretty alright English. So we teach him in English, because even for my trainer Chinese is hard.. So we teach as much as we can in Chinese and then when we can't say something we say it in English. He's really really really really polite. He's very Taiwanese. So we always have to be drinking something. We always have to be comfortable. Everything so, when we're teaching him he's constantly running around the room adjusting fans, filling up our drinks asking us if we're hungry. It's pretty funny actually. He has a lot of interesting questions and he always says in a Chinese accent, "Excuse me! Excuse me! I'm so sorry! Please! Excuse me! May I ask? Excuse me! I don't mean to O-Fend. Are you you tairen (Jewish)". He'll always start it off the questions he asks us like that. We taught him how to pray and he doesn't really get it. When I showed him an example, he literally repeated what I was saying while I was praying. Then he randomly did a prayer in the lesson. Hahahah! He's really nice though and has an interest to learn more. He's one of my favorite investigators.

Like I said nothing really new this week. Just a lot of the same things. Sorry to hear things back home are a little crazy! It's also a shame that I won't be there for Sam and Krista's wedding.. I really wish I could be there. But it sounds like there's a lot of drama going on.. Doesn't sound to fun... "Excuse me! Please! Excuse me! But! I must say! I'm kind of glad I'm not home right now for that! Sorry! I just had to say, "Excuse me!"


Love you guys!






No comments:

Post a Comment