Monday, August 8, 2016

My new companion is Elder Storey!!!

Hello! This week really flew by.

So this week was my last week with Elder Tatton. He'll be heading home on Tuesday. I really liked Elder Tatton as a companion. He was formerly a zone leader and was really fired up about missionary work and stuff. Sometimes it was hard to keep up with him. I don't know though, I learned a lot from him. He's a pretty good guy. Oh yeah, and I'll miss his voice. He sings like Josh Groban.


Nothing really interesting happened this week. It was kind of a busy week though. We have a member in our ward who owns a suit shop. So he makes all these suits and designs them and stuff. He's super fun to talk to and I love making the 40 minute trip to Dajia. Anyway, Elder Tatton's mother decided that he needed to buy a custom suit, so we hit up Ji DiXiong and let him know that we needed a suit. We went and got it tailored. A couple days later we went and picked it up. It looked really good! So we bagged it up and started to head back.... Well.....Somewhere along the way we lost his suit. The whole thing. So we didn't realize this until we got back to home. So Elder Tatton right before we went to bed stares at me and says, "Dude......Where's my suit?" He was super upset about it.... So the next morning we biked around and didn't find it. So we had to go to the police station. The police were very helpful. But, we weren't able to find the suit. Even with the help of our branch president calling all the buses and stuff we couldn't find it. I felt so bad for Elder Tatton... It was a nice suit.


My new companion is Elder Storey from Cache Valley, Utah. He seems really cool. Unlike my prior companions, who have been out a long time, Elder Storey hasn't been out for too much longer than me, so I'm sure that will help me progress in my ability to speak and teach.


We're staying really busy. We have a couple of baptisms scheduled for the next couple of weeks. They're really awesome people and we're super excited for them.

Love,
Bo Zhang Lao





No comments:

Post a Comment