Sunday, August 21, 2016

Big Baptism Celebration and Bai Bai Day

Hello! 大家好!!

First off 恭喜! 恭喜! Congratulations Mom on the glasses! It's a fun club. I saw the picture and they looked really good on you!

Sounds like the craziest time of the year has begun. That's one thing I do not miss about home! Good luck on testing those kids Mom!

Haha Sounds like Kayleigh has some cool classes lined up. I could totally see Kayleigh living in Provo having a salon of some sorts.

Sorry to hear about the lawnmower. That's too bad. Hahaha, so when you say disintegrate what do you mean? Like I'm imagining it melting...Ale didn't know how to ride a bike? What the stuff? Anyway, here's my encouragement "Add-Oil!" 加油! I'm also pretty sorry to hear about how terrible Ben's job is. That's pretty 糟糕. But, that'd be pretty cool if he were to be able to work as a programmer at a dog food plant. Or even cooler at the air force base. I think both would be super cool. Although, I have to admit I laughed super hard when I read "Dog Food Plant." Still, that's probably a pretty good job. Are they still planning on getting a pug? .......Please say no.

Alrighty, as for my week it was pretty amazing! There was a lot that happened this week. But, before I begin I need to tell you (actually probably not.) my English is disintegrating faster than Dad's lawnmower. Like, I'm not really sure why but I feel super awkward writing in English. So forgive the awkwardness of my hands and don't mock me (get that reference?)

Alright, first off this week was Ghost week. So it was basically the Halloween for Taiwan. At least that's what we gathered from talking to people on the streets. They basically told us it was Bai 拜 Bai 拜day... But that's like everyday in Taiwan...Anyway, so what they do is they set up tables outside throw a ton of food on the table and light incense. It's really strange and I don't get it. But, you know what? They probably don't know why they do it either. But, we were on our way to English class and literally everyone had these tables out. Then out of nowhere massive amounts of rain came down and ruined the holiday. So sad.

Then on Thursday I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. It was pretty alright. We were up in Daya. It was a pretty nice area. It's on the outskirts of 台中市 Taizhong. It had these really pretty views of the city. It was pretty fun.

Then we had a little surprise. One of our investigators Huang Yin He was super unsure of getting baptized.  Then we sent him a passage of scripture about Alma baptizing at the Waters of Mormon and he was all aboard. It was awesome, so on Saturday he was baptized......by our Branch President. 



Then we also had another one of our investigators who's a 10 year old girl get baptized by her older brother. 


So this week we had two baptisms. It was pretty awesome!  Our branch  and the Shalu Ward had a big celebration at the church.  A total of six people got baptized.  It was really cool and there was a lot of good food.




















 So yeah, it was kind of crazy week but it was a lot of fun. I love Taiwan so much. This week I ate dinner with my RC 林Lin Jun Fang and his family. His wife makes super good pork. It was literally the best pork I've ever eaten in Taiwan. Hahaha! Anyway! It was a good week. I love you all so very much! I hope school goes well for you and that Ben can find a better job!

P.S. Mango is the cutest freaking animal in the world. I loved those pictures of him!



No comments:

Post a Comment