Sunday, August 28, 2016

We watched a "Good American Hollywood Film" with Jesse - aka the Restoration movie

Hello!

Yeah, sorry Grandma Burge. The Taiwanese government doesn't like jerky to be sent here for some reason. There's a lot of weird stuff you can't send. There's even suspicious stuff that goes on like, I've heard stories of people trying to send missionaries I-pods and stuff and the package just happens to get lost and mysteriously disappear. Oh well! Oreos, American cereal, pictures, and candy would work.

Glad to hear tennis is still super competitive. So what's Kayleigh's schedule for school?

Tell me how Ben's interviews go! That's pretty exciting. Sounds like Ben will be rolling in the big dough soon, as expected. I hope he gets a job working with fighter jets and stuff. That's pretty cool. Just tell him that fueling jets for evil companies isn't the funnest.

Glad to hear Sam and Krista are still redneck. Hahaha! They always send me their own weekly email of all of their redneck activities in the great land of Logan. Sounds like they're truly in love. I want to watch them mud wrestle ;)

This week was just a very regular week. Meaning lots of lessons that don't really go anywhere and lots of people driving past me on scooters really fast and yelling crude things. We gave Jesse Wang a baptismal date and we were working towards it, he still has some things to work out, so it's hard for him to go to church. We watched a, as Jesse would say, "Good American Hollywood Film," aka the Restoration movie. He loved it and was clapping during parts of the movie and making hilarious comments. I love Jesse. But, he didn't' show up to church, so we had to drop his baptismal date. Oh well, I know he'll eventually get baptized. 有信心,有辦法.

I've been working on reading Chinese characters lately. So my only source for learning is the good 'ole 摩門經 (Book of Mormon.) I just tried to read as much as possible in characters. It's really fun and it's super hard. Chinese is super weird because reading and writing are like two separate things. There are some missionaries who know how to read, but don't know how to write. Then there's some who know how to write but don't really know how to read. So some missionaries are really bad at reading and really good at writing and others the opposite. Either way, my English has deteriorated to that of an old immigrant Chinese man living in California. I don't know my Chinese still pretty much sucks really bad! 我的中國也不太好!

P.S. Google Translate sucks for Chinese.

I love you all so very much! Thank you for the emails. I'm sending a package relatively (hopefully) soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment