Sunday, October 29, 2017

Trip to Ninja Village

Wow, that's pretty fun that Kayleigh is going to go to college with me. Now we can suffer together. Yay.

This week was pretty much a normal week. For P-Day we took a train to Taizhong and went to the mall. It was pretty fun.. I just love being in Taizhong now. It's very nostalgic for me. All I think about is the good times I had with Elder Hatch. We went to a mall in Xitun and it was really fun. We looked at some crazy expensive stuff and then we.....looked at some more stuff... We also ate some noodles to celebrate Elder Sano's birthday. Me and him were just talking about military stuff (of course) the entire time. He makes me military trunky.

Everything was normal I guess up until Wednesday. We got to the church early for DTM and the Sisters from a different area were there, too. They ended up hiding our stuff, but we didn't really care when we walked in.. Oh yeah, and for the record, these sisters hate me and my companion, like literally hate us, especially my companion..So, they hid our stuff and we started DTM, but I didn't care. So then about halfway through my companion says, in the middle of DTM, "Hey Sister (Blank) Where is my companion's stuff?" Then she said, "I don't know.  Is it right there?" And then she pointed to a bookshelf in the room, and all of our stuff was in the bookshelf. To be honest, my companion just started wrecking her and telling her that she's being stupid. Everyone in the district was just kind of looking at them like..."what are you doing?" It was pretty funny actually... Then my district leader was asking me all these questions, and he was pretty mad that they were being like this... They just really have an issue with me and my companion, and I have no idea what we have done......... 太帥

We've been tracting a lot this week, and we actually had a decent amount of success. It was really good, and I think we'll be doing a lot more tracting. We also learned that we hate small dogs. Small dogs are the worst and are so annoying and loud. We have a lesson tonight that we hope will go through with a family.

Then we came across the guy from Europe that we ran into a little while ago. He was having a hard time with his wife.. She cheated on him and stuff. He filled us in on a lot of stuff, and then said he was going to get revenge on the guy by sending some papers to a company and getting him fired and all of this stuff. Then me and comp upon hearing this jumped into missionary mode, and were like, "(Name) I don't think this is a good idea... You should just forgive him." We went off about Jesus Christ and forgiveness, but he wasn't having it, so off he went.

Our investigators are doing alright. We were able to set a goal with one of them for 11/18, but he's pretty....eh.. about it. We don't know if he's willing to get baptized yet.

On the bright side, Brother Chen (my RC) is doing really good. He passed the sacrament yesterday and he did a great job. He's on his way to ascending to apostle.

Yesterday night we also ate with the other elders on the roof of our apartment. That was pretty fun but they all were just trying to get me trunky. They were asking me questions like, "What's the first thing you are going to do when you get home?" .........It worked. I progressively just get trunkier and trunkier.

As for funny stories this week, we decided to go to a small village in the mountains for some contacting. So, we had to ride our bikes up an old Chinese mountain. So, we get up there and feel pretty tired, and there's a decent amount of people walking around and stuff. Then we spot this guy chilling outside a shop.  He's like 900 years old and we're like, why not.. So, we bike up to him and he tells us that he's Catholic and he's busy. So, we continue to talk to him and he kind of figures out that we're missionaries, and he starts giving us the usual talk. Then he randomly goes,

Him:"How old do I look?"
Me:"Uh, probably like 25 right?"
Him:"NO! I'm 67."

Then like every other missionary, I reached for his muscles and said, "Oh wow, you're a strong guy." And then he began to tell me his workouts. So I listened....intently. Then he starts doing push ups in front of me and telling me that he can lift me up. So, of course like every good elder should do, I told him, "Alright, lift me up." So he does. He wraps his hands around me... no not horizontal, but vertically if that makes sense... (yes I was in pain.) and then he lifted me up while my companion took millions of pictures. Then he's all excited, so he starts saying how he's traveled the world and has participated in many martial arts torments. So what does he do? He starts beating me up. He starts telling me to go to punch him, so I do, and then he slaps my arms away and then slaps my face. The man just kept slapping my face. I literally got beat up by this 900 year old guy. Then to top everything off, we are like okay, I'm pretty dizzy so we're going to go. Then he goes, "Watch this!" He rips off his belt and then starts swinging it around, so I back up up and I'm like, "Alright this man is out of control." So I'm like, "Alright! Alright! We have to go." So I patted him on the back, shook his hand, and off we went. We started biking down this road.  It was pretty dark by now, and then this other guy starts honking at us from behind (which is normal in Taiwan.), and he just leans on his horn, so we pull over and he begins to tell my companion that he's a ninja, and that he's been training for many years. We just said, "Oh okay.. Okay.....Alright." Then we biked away laughing. We nicknamed that village, "Ninja Village." We don't want to go back.

That's about it. I'm glad you all are still alive for now. I love you all and miss you very much!






No comments:

Post a Comment