Sunday, October 8, 2017

This week was Mid-Autumn Festival

Hello!

This week started out with the usual ChiDaoBao of course. So, we didn't really know what to do last P-Day.  Stumped, we all sat around with the other elders and then we just shrugged our shoulders and off we went to a ChiDaoBao. Hahaha  It was pretty good. I was talking with the new elder in the district and he wants to join the Navy, so we just talked about military stuff the whole time. It was really fun and got me excited to join the military. I love military stuff. This week for P-Day we are going on a hike with Scott and Elder Fuller. They're going to drive all the way down to YuanLin in about an hour. Then we're going to go for a hike. The whole weird thing about this is last night I got a call from Scott and he told me that Elder Fuller was in the ER. Apparently, he had eaten some bad Mexican food and he got really sick.. Like REALLY sick. He told me yesterday he had diarrhea 14 times. He said that his body is drained, but, I still think he might show up to the hike. He was enthusiastic about hiking with me and said he would try his best to make it. So we will see....

Tuesday was pretty weird because this week was Mid-Autumn Festival. There's tons of parties and parades and stuff, so there's not a whole lot of proselyting to do... It's hard to find people that would even be willing to say hi to you, that is if you can yell it loud enough over the never ending drums and Justin Bieber music. But, it was pretty fun, because our bishop took us to hot pot and that was good... We eat so much here...

Wednesday was great.  We got invited over to one of our secondary areas to go eat barbecue with some members. The barbecue was delicious, but the bike ride over there, on the other hand, was not fun. It took forever and I always forget how long it takes to get out there, but it was pretty fun. Then we looked at our watches and realized that English class was starting in 30 minutes, so we jumped up and got on our bikes and started biking super fast on the way to start our English class. It was a very fast pace and I felt bad because in the mists of the darkness I looked back to see a small little bike light waaaaay behind which was my trainee Elder Brenchley. We made it back 5 minutes late. We walked in covered in sweat and our faces were red, but English class was pretty good.

Then we were able to meet with our leading investigator right now, Mr. Liu. He's great.  He owns a breakfast shop in our secondary area and we went one time and it was... alright! He's a really nice guy and we've been meeting with him for quite some time.  His biggest problem is that he can't come to church because he needs to manage his shop, so we're trying to work it out. So is he. He has a strong desire to be baptized, but he has some things that are in the way like his extremely "Buddhist" wife. Another thing that's hard is he's sometimes really strange in lessons. He'll ignore our questions and then just pull the Book of Mormon in front of his face and pretend to be reading it.... It's the strangest thing, but he's really cool though.

Then we had zone conference and were able to eat some Mexican food (No I didn't get sick.). It was really good, but I forgot my scriptures, specifically I forgot my Bible. So, the entire zone conference was based out of the Bible, and the scriptures were all Bible scriptures.. So I got wrecked. So, I kind of was like, "whatever" about it, but the next night I got a call from President Teh telling me that he was worried about me and how he felt impressed to call me, because he felt like something was off. I told him that I was okay. Then he questioned why I didn't have my scriptures out and I just basically told him, "because I'm an idiot and forgot my Bible." It was a very strange call and very random... For the record, I'm doing great.

Last night we were invited to a member's house in a even further area than Wednesday, an Area I had never been to. We got a ride there and we had a delicious dinner. I was eating so much HongDou, which is red bean. It's so freaking good. We dedicated this sister's house and then we came back.. It was really fun and really good.




No comments:

Post a Comment