Sunday, October 22, 2017

XiZhou Adventure

Hello!

I don't know where to begin for this week....

To be honest, on Monday P-day was very boring. For the most part we just sat around and watched pretty much every Mormon message that was every created, but today should be pretty fun. Today we are going to Taizhong to go celebrate one of the other Elder's birthdays. Happy Birthday Elder Sano. It should be pretty fun and nostalgic. It's always weird for me to go back to Taizhong and to be there.. I served there for such a long time so it all just feels like I'm back in the middle of my mission with Elder Hatch.

This week it was really hard for us to find people to teach. Everyone that set up with us re-scheduled like 50 times and then some of them never set up again. But, we were able to have lots of time on the streets contacting... I don't know what it is, it's probably my increasing trunkiness, but it's been harder and harder for me to have motivation and get fired up to ride up to people on my bike and contact.

There were many fun parts of the week though. This Thursday, I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Sano from Farmington, Utah. It was super fun! I loved being on exchanges with him. Mostly, because we have very very similar interests. For example, we both love the military. So of course on exchanges we were just riding around contacting people and literally in between contacting we would just be talking about military stuff. We're both huge military geeks. He's a Navy man. Actually, in the mornings I think I've already mentioned this we run every morning. It's really fun and I love it. But yeah we talked about everything from Top Gun to Braveheart. Hahaha! Super fun. So now when we eat dinner together we just talk about military stuff. I think the other Elder's are probably sick of it.

After exchanges I was pretty tired. Mostly because I stayed up for most of the night talking about military stuff with Elder Sano. Then Friday was pretty usual...

Saturday on the other hand was not normal. We were scheduled to go out and find some less-active brothers and stuff. But! We were in an area called 溪洲 XiZhou. XiZhou is a really really really country place. There's nothing out there and it's pretty far away from our main area. It's literally the bottom of our area. So it's kind of a long ways a way. But this member told us that he would be willing to come get us from the chapel and drive us all the way down there. So Saturday we're waiting for him outside the chapel. All of the sudden this crappy van pulls up. Like the most 3rd world van. And he gets out, he's about 55 years old and he's like alright Elders hop in the back. He slides open the van door and in the back of the car is just tools and construction materials and then two little plastic stools for us to sit on. Then he told us to climb in. It was a tight little fit and we were hunched over. But it was so funny. Then he told us, "Sorry, you're going to have to be a little 辛苦 (tough, hard, that sucks)." So we start going and it's a stick shift van so we're flying around back there and he's honking his horn at every little thing and me and Elder Brenchley are just laughing our heads off. We drive for 45 minutes and then he stops and says, "We need to eat lunch." So we walk into this place and it's like a Chuck-a-Rama times 1000. So we ate for like 2 hours and then drove the rest of the way to XiZhou. Then we started visiting members and it was just all rice fields. There is nothing out there. We went to a couple houses and no one was there. Then this one time we pulled up to a family complex. Which is like a small court yard and then there's houses around it. We pull up and the member driving us wants to park so we start backing up. All of the sudden we hear a loud metal sound and then a bunch of Taiwanese being shouted at us we look back and our member has run someones motorcycle over. Then he was like, "Pai-Sai! Pai-Sai!" (Taiwanese for I'm sorry! I'm Sorry!) Then we just kind of.....drove off and we are all just dying laughing in the car. None of the people we visted were home so that kind of sucks. But it was really fun and he ended up buying a ton of food for us...

So yeah that was my fun week. It was really fun to see a different part of the area and stay up for all night talking about military stuff.

I love you all and I will sent pictures when I get them!








No comments:

Post a Comment