Wednesday, February 8, 2017

After six months in Beitun..I feel like everybody hates me..it's depressing

Hello!

Thanks for getting the bank stuff figured out..

As for my area, no one has mentioned anything to me about how long I've been here. I've just been marooned in a city. It's not that bad, but the area is definitely one of the harder areas in the mission. It actually has broken every single one of my companions. It's getting to the point with me where I literally feel like everybody hates me. My companion, the ward, other missionaries, the zone leaders, my district, people on the streets... It's really weird. Like in someways, I know that's not necessarily true but I feel that way. On top of all of this our new Zone Leader is crazy. He's previously served in the office. He had to be emergency transferred out of Taizhong because he couldn't get along with his companion. He ended up slapping his companion across the face. Yeah.. He's super crazy. Now he's my Zone Leader........

Honestly, nothing happened this week. My area is falling apart as usual. We don't have any progressing investigators or baptismal goals. We can't find anyone on the streets to talk to us. It's depressing.

This week one of our RC's in the ward met with us and told us that he's hearing voices and that they're telling him to do bad stuff. So he posted on Facebook, "Jesus wants me to kill myself." So the entire ward went crazy. What makes this worse is we've been meeting with him 1-2 times a week and he takes photos of us together every time. Well it doesn't look very good for missionaries when there's photos of us and quoting scriptures and then a couple days later, "Jesus wants me to kill myself." So now the ward probably thinks that I'm a Satanist. :)

On the bright side we got red envelopes, a Taiwanese tradition during Chinese New Year. These envelopes are a sign of great respect and love. We got a few from some members... But the thing is that we're not supposed to keep them. We have to turn them into the Equalized Missionary Fund. But, I'm not doing that, because I'm a selfish jerk...jk.

I don't know.. That's basically it... That was my week.


1 comment:

  1. You are a good missionary.You are a fighter.
    Although you never show feeling on your face, I think you just wanna to do it.Do you remember that we had a meet at McDonald? At the moment, I really wanna cry.She let me feel bad.Really.But you touch people on the street and they do this thing every singal day.You are stronger than me.Keep on.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete