Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Taipei Temple trip was really fun!!!

Hey, I have an hour to email (less than an hour). I went to the Taipei temple and it was really fun. We ode the bus. Taipei has a very futuristic feel and has steep cliffs that drop off straight into the ocean. Taichung has a more ancient feel with lots of rice fields.

The temple was really pretty and really interesting. We had to take off our shoes (culture thing) to enter the temple. Inside there were all these Chinese-styled artworks and the chairs were Chinese-traditional-styled. Some aspects of it were really pretty. We did initiatories in Chinese, so I had to say all the Chinese names. I had to read the Chinese characters (which I don't really know) and figure out how to say the name right. It was really hard. I didn't do a very good job... They didn't correct me though, so I guess I don't really know how I did. The actual endowment session was in English though. It was kind of funny and I had to hold back some laughter, because all the temple workers that spoke English all had horrible accents and horrible grammar. That's probably what I sound like in Chinese though, but still hilarious. It was a really fun experience and it was really peaceful.

Yeah it was really fun to see the other mission. It was a nice break from proselyting and very fun to see Taipei. I took some pictures, but I don't have my cord so I'll send them on Monday. If you ever want to visit Taiwan with me, we're going to Taipei. Anyway, not really anything new. Sorry. It's been 3 days.. So I'm just sitting here...Where's Silo?




No comments:

Post a Comment