Sunday, September 3, 2017

We ate 45 steaks and were on the verge of throwing up...

Hello,

It's been another week in YuanLin 圓林 and me and Elder Brenchely are still working hard trying to find those people to teach. It's been a really interesting week with lots of things that happened.

For starters, On Monday after emailing we went to a 吃到飽 eat until your full place... and it was so good. It was my first time going to that 吃到飽. It was really fun because they have a grill in front of you and then they bring out the meat and you have to grill the meat and cook it yourself. So naturally like any elders would do, we ordered 45 steaks. It was so good but by the time we were done we were all on the verge of throwing up. So we went home and laid around the house and just kind of hung out for a little bit. Then we went out and bought some groceries. That was pretty much it for P-Day. Today our plans are really similar, except we're going to attempt to go for a hike and then eat food at a 吃到飽. There's not really much to do in this town so it's kind of boring.

On Tuesday we got to go on exchanges with the zone leaders...........Yay............It was actually not that bad. I got to go with an elder from Kentucky. He was pretty cool and we had a good time. Not much to say about that...

On Wednesday we had English class. I'm becoming less and less of  a fan of teaching English. It's just not that fun anymore. Especially since the new program came out... Not really my cup of tea. Now we just teach one basic class with wall charts.  Its not as fun as the old way.

Thursday was just a normal day of contacting.. So lately we've been able to find people on the streets and set them up for a time, but then they end up not showing up to their appointments. This week on the street we found 10 people with interest and were willing to meet and set up a time. Out of the 10 people 10 of them didn't show up. I didn't particularly care, because in that sense I feel like I've done all I can. But, my companion on the other hand still kind of struggles and get's a little mad that they don't show up. Which is totally understandable but.... I don't know...

On the other hand, we were able to meet with some of our investigators. One was a 17 year old boy. He was really cool and had been meeting with the elders for a little while. We asked him what the problem was and then he told us, "Well, my parents think that all the elders and sisters are lesbian and gay and all have AIDS." I sat there for a moment and pondered his words. Then I burst out laughing with my companion, so one of these days we are going to go over to his house and meet his parents.

Other than that me and Elder Brenchely are hanging in there. I still don't have pictures to show you... I'm really sorry. Still trying to figure out the camera situation.

I love you all so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment