Sunday, September 17, 2017

This week for us was a fantastic week!

Hahahaha!

I'm laughing so hard at the Sibuna thing! I forgot all about that.

Well it sounds like your week was really good expect for being sick.. That doesn't sound too fun.

This week for us was a fantastic week! To start off the week with Monday, went to a 吃到飽 chi dao bao! Which is what we do here I guess for P-Day because there's nothing else to do. Hahaha! It was pretty fun and we ate so much food as usual. We went to a place called Shabu Shabu. Basically you pay 350NT and then you can just eat whatever for 2 hours. It was really fun and delicious, but I always feel absolutely terrible for the rest of the day. In fact, we usually eat so much that we don't eat breakfast and dinner just because we're so full. That was all we did for P-Day though.

Then we were able to go on exchanges this week. I was able to go with Elder Chang from Draper, UT. He was really cool and we had a good time. His Chinese was incredibly good. He was a very smart guy and I was impressed with him as a missionary. We had a good time and were laughing a lot. One of the days we were on exchanges, we ate lunch with the other elders. We were walking out of the store when all of the sudden a white guy on a scooter rolls up to us and he starts saying, "Elders you need to smile more! Elders! You are in the land of beautiful women and delicious food! SMILE!" A little weirded out we started talking to him. He was a guy that was teaching English in Taiwan. He also served his mission here in 2001 and he married a Taiwanese girl then divorced her then married a Japanese girl. He was very bitter about everything and was very racist about Asians. It honestly was not a pleasant  conversation. I was just laughing at him, but he was offending all of the other elders pretty bad, like telling my trainee that his Chinese sucks and then mocking my trainee, then telling Elder Chang that he shouldn't pretend to be Asian (his parents are Asian/Hawaiian.) Basically he was just ripping on everyone. Then he turned to me and my trainee says jockingly, "You should talk to my trainer he's attracted to all Asians" Then he just proceeded to try to relate to me by telling me that all Asians are hot and he feels my pain and that I should never marry a Taiwanese girl and that I should marry anyone else. Then after getting offended Elder Chang said, "Alright we're done and then biked off"...... It was not a good conversation.

But the week ended up getting better when we were able to set two baptismal goals. The first is named Chen 陳 He's really cool and WILL be baptized on 9/30. He was found by a member who hosts a free Taiqi class every night at the church. It's open to whoever and they can just walk into the church parking lot. I guess Mr. 陳 ended up walking into the class and had been learning Taiqi. The member talked with him about the Book Of Mormon and he had a lot of interest.Then he started meeting with the other Elders, but he didn't live in their area, so we started teaching him. He's great. He literally has 0 problems and wants to be baptized. He loves coming to church and is just really nice.

That's basically my week. Nothing else interesting really happened... Me and Elder Brenchley are doing really good though! I'll try to steal his pictures too. I know of a place to get a camera cord, but I haven't had time.





No comments:

Post a Comment