Sunday, June 11, 2017

I rode a mechanical bull and 5 people came to church

Oh man, I laughed really hard as I read your Southern California trip story. Although the part about Muffin was pretty sad. He was a cute little guy.  It appears the Southern California Bird Curse is still a thing. So weird. I was laughing so hard at the story about the that weird guy "shaking the heck out of his salad forever." I'm still laughing about it.

Well, I'm not sure my week can top yours.. so here it is. Our week started off pretty good. We went to a sport's center in Gaoxiong for P-Day and I rode a mechanical bull. It was really hard but after hours of practice and humiliation I got pretty good. Although I eventually had to stop, because The Burge Family Jewels were really sore. I was sore the whole week. I was walking like a pirate for the rest of the week. But, we had a lot of fun there.

Then the week started off kind of bad. We met with our investigators and 2 of them dropped their baptismal goals. That kind of sucks. So right now we don't have any baptismal goals, but we could get them baptized really fast. The problem right now is their parents. The parent's disapprove of their baptisms and them going to church, so that kind of sucks. But, they both really love church and stuff, and they both have pretty good testimonies. So hopefully their parents will come around and let them get baptized. We met a lot of cool people this week and got some really good referrals. Right now we're teaching a guy that lived in Indiana for a 10 years of his life and traveled all around the US. His English is obviously pretty good, so we talked to him about the US for like...an hour. I don't know how much gospel interest he has, but he wasn't against us sharing the gospel. He's met with missionaries before in Florida, so he pretty much knows what we talk about and what we do. So hopefully his interest and desire will increase.

But, the week ended very good. This week we had 5 investigators come to church. I don't know what's been going on lately, but we've just been having people show up out of the woodwork. It's been really awesome. We had a girl randomly show up and she was from Taizhong. She lives in Daliao and she was really cool and had a lot of interest. The only problem is that she works in Taizhong... SO she basically doesn't really have time to meet because she's not in Daliao ever..

Me and Elder Hongvilai got a lot of fruit this week too. So like every night we come home after being in hell like heat and just eat watermelon and mango and stuff. It's pretty fun, but we're getting kind of sick of all the fruit. The mango's on the other hand I could eat those all day. Mangoes in Taiwan are so freaking good. But yeah, it's been really hot his week and it's been hard/dangerous to be outside. We have to take a lot of breaks and sit in the 7/11 and then go back out. I officially am so tanned I look like I'm Mexican....

I'm doing pretty good and I love you all so very much!! I appreciate your support and your love!











No comments:

Post a Comment