Sunday, March 19, 2017

I almost got raped kissed, but we had a cool little miracle...

Hello!

We had a really fun week. This week started out really slow, and so it was a lot of finding and contacting, but I don't really mind contacting anymore. On top of this, our mission changed some ways we contact. Before, we had contact cards just like business cards that people can write their information on, and we also had these pass along tracts that had short gospel messages that we give out like candy. At our zone conference, we were told that we were not allowed to use these things anymore, so it's been weird to go out and contact and not have these things. I actually like it more, because I don't feel like a business man. Although, many missionaries across the mission are really upset about this change.

One of my fun stories this week was while we were contacting at the MRT station (Speaking of which, I got some pictures of us on the MRT going to zone conference, and it was really fun, because it's a subway and it's really clean and cheap.) we came across a guy that looked a little funny. He was acting weird right from the start. So he starts rubbing me and Elder Millers hands right off the bat. So we're weirded out, and then he just goes for it and just hugs me. I instantly pull away and stare at him weird. Then he goes in for another surprise hug and I pull away. He's not letting go, so I start to push harder, and then at the last second I pushed him really hard. I'm glad I did, because he was going in for a kiss. I almost got raped kissed. Elder Miller was entertained for many days.

We also had a cool little miracle. We were eating our lunch at the church, and it was time for us to go back out get back to work. But, me and Elder Miller were feeling a little lazy, so we both said, "5 more minutes." During that 5 minutes I started to feel a little bad about being in the church longer than we should have. Then all of the sudden, a woman walks up to the church and starts asking us if she could meet with us and attend church. She was super nice and friendly.... I don't know, just a cool experience I guess haha...

On Sunday, we had a ward member bring her friend. He's from Vietnam and doesn't speak Chinese very well. So..... I had to translate most of the church meetings from Chinese to English.. On Sunday I realized how awful I am at translating. I have this weird thing where it makes sense to me, but I have no idea how to say it in English. Plus, Chinese is sometimes weird like that and I can't really explain it well. But, I asked him how I did and he said it was fine. There was only a couple times where I had no idea what they were saying in church, which is pretty usual for me. But yeah, I learned I really suck at translating.

Sorry to hear things at home are a little bit crazy but that's nothing new... I love you all so very much!

Today we're going to one of the beautiful places in Taiwan, Kending. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment