Monday, March 13, 2017

Don't expect meat at a Buddhist Buffet

Hello!

So, I'll start with P-Day. On P-Day we went to FoGuanShan. It was really cool. I sent lots of pictures. Sorry I got a cold sore this week so I look like a gross Taiwanese witch. It was really fun we went with YiZhong, a man in our ward that sells essential oils and loves missionaries. It was really fun. We went to a Buddhist Buffet that they had inside. It was all vegetables because they don't eat meat. It was alright. Me and Elder Miller just kept joking around that there was meat somewhere in the monastery for the evil Buddhists. I took a lot of pictures.

This week was really fun. I love the ward here. They're very funny and friendly. Church is like a freak show. Hahaha! There's a ton of weird things that go on in the ward, but I love them all very much. Still haven't met the bishop. His name is Light Dragon. Freaking Light Dragon.

This week I had the opportunity to meet one of the recent converts. His name is Chapel. He is so funny. He reminds me a of a mix of Nathan Fox and Conan. He's just the most interesting guy to talk to. He does insurance and it's funny because he'll make jokes randomly like, "Oh what we do at my work used to be illegal, I'm so rich now but now we don't do illegal stuff anymore. I'm still rich though." Yeah he's pretty funny. Currently we're working on trying to get his son and his daughter baptized. His daughter is significantly less receptive. His son on the other hand is a little more. He just is really lazy and won't come to church. Chapel says, "He's fatigued. I fear Arty is fatigued. " It makes me laugh.

Other than that, me and Elder Miller have just been working away. Our baptism girl cancelled her baptism because her friends keeping telling her we're super evil. She has a testimony of most everything we're teaching her she just doubts a ton.

I love you all so very much!




























No comments:

Post a Comment