Sunday, January 15, 2017

I think.... I think.. I'm Asian now

Hello Family!

I haven't taken the money out... I've haven't had time to do that, and I keep forgetting. The bike I'm currently riding is pretty alright. So it's okay.

Things are going alright I guess. We met with Johnny this week and showed him a Mormon Message about a Scientist Astronomer guy that believes in God and his reasons why and stuff. I actually think Johnny really liked it. Surprisingly, I think he's starting to come around and starting to leave his weird alien ways behind. He told us that he's also scared of becoming a Christian.. We're not sure why. He didn't really answer us. But, he's improving! So we're going to keep working with him. We also figured out that he does a TON of magic tricks. Some of them are pretty good. He also has been opening up and actually speaking to us like a normal person, too. I talked to him about Finland.

Jenny has still been in Taibei.. I think I just might refer her to Taibei to be honest.

We've been focusing on trying to find new people as usual.... It's just been super eh.

That's exciting to hear about Sam! Sam will be the next Stephen Colbert. So what does his internship actually entail?

Sorry to hear about Kayleigh. How long as she had this?

What's up with all the mice hahaha! I remember the good old days of listening to the mouse under the stove. I see huge rats here all the time. It's super nasty.

Today for P-Day we're finally going hiking in Dakeng. It should be really pretty if it doesn't rain cold Taiwanese rain.  We hope to see some monkeys.

This week I've learned that I'm slowly becoming Taiwanese. One day we ate at McDonalds and I was just like... "eh... It's McDonalds. It's just alright." Then we ate at a fried rice place and it was sooooo much better. Then I told my companion, "I think.... I think.. I'm Asian now."

I also went on exchanges this week with my old companion Elder Wilkinson. That was pretty fun. We just laughed a lot and talked about the good old times of Beitun and how awful it is. Hahahah!

I've also turned into quite the PT master. I can do a total of 45ish pushups! *smug grin*

Hey Dad, or whoever is in charge. Will somebody get on my FB and accept some friend requests?

My companion told me a story that when he left the MTC and was on the train to the airport, he came across a National Guard Army guy on the train that talked to all of the Mandarin speakers. He himself was a Mandarin speaker and was telling everybody how much the Army would love to have them. He also talked about how missionaries have CRAZY good speaking and listening skills. He also said they are looking for good readers, because that's where they are weak.

Yeah we ate Japanese hot pot last night with the Ohms family. It was super good.

This week was pretty good. I hope you enjoy your long week! I love you all so very much!






No comments:

Post a Comment