Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Kan Dao Bo Zhang Lao

Hello, Family!

Glad to hear everything is going well at home.....for the most part. Dad's haircut looks really good! Kayleigh did a good job cutting his hair. I'm so excited for Sam and Krista to get married. Super cool!

This week was pretty alright. It's kind of the same stuff everyday. We learn in class. We teach fake investigators. We sleep. Learning Chinese is hard. By the end of the day most of us have headaches. From what I hear at night, we're also already talking in Chinese in our sleep. It's pretty funny to hear snoring and then, "Wo kan dao Bo Zhang Lao." (I've seen Elder Burge) I think we have about 4 weeks left now? Anyway, time has really flown by here at the MTC. We're all really ready to go though. We met the new Cantonese guys and they're pretty cool. We are almost the longest staying group in the MTC. The Mandarins above us leave in about 2 weeks, which is weird. Because when we got here they only had been here 3 weeks or something. The group that's getting ready to leave started panicking because only 3 of the sisters got travel plans and then someone made up a rumor saying that they're going to change their missions and stuff...Really stupid..We're going to all eventually be made Zone Leaders/District Leaders soon, since we'll be the only Mandos for about a week. I don't know, doesn't sound too fun. Things here are going good though. The language is coming along but it's really hard to figure out what people are saying sometimes. Especially when they just start going off. As for the packages you sent this week, we ate all of the bacon this morning. We ate some macaroni and cheese last night.. So we already ate all of the cup of noodles you sent last time. The Elders loved them so much. We would eat like 3 every night. A big hit. I love to see their reactions when I get packages. It's funny what entertains us...you know Sam's mission harmonica that I found while packing?  I thought what the heck and threw it in my bag.  Now I can play Amazing Grace on it and the Elders really seem to enjoy it...I think.

I've gotten a couple of emails from the mission office in Taichung about ordering new missionary name tags (the name tags in Taiwan have no English writing on them) and a bike. I took care of it. Getting emails from the mission office makes going to Taiwan seem more real. It makes me excited! Everyone says that my mission president is super cool. But I'll be getting a new one. I know the lady that is training him, and she says he's super nice and really cool.

Yeah, we're doing sealings today. Please send lots of Cup of Noodles.  The Elders really like them. I feel bad that you have to drive down to Provo just to drop the packages off with the delivery service! It's not super urgent that we need anything, so no rush. My classroom is the closest building/room to the front gate of the MTC. Come say Hi. hahaha!!!

Anyway, not a whole lot to write about. Same old same old. No interesting stories... Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment