Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Just really freakin' done with the MTC, but it's going to be sad to leave my MTC brothers behind

Hello family!

Things here at the MTC are just the same old same old. Every week is pretty much the same thing.


This week we got to know our knew Mandarin district pretty well. They're all really nice. I really bonded with this new Elder, Elder Horton. He's super awesome. He was like a surgical assistant so he has a lot of gross stories. He's always telling us about gross surgical procedures. Some are pretty gnarly. We're all very excited to leave the MTC soon. We all leave on different days. So Elder Bringhurst will be the first to go on Monday. Then me and Elder Giles will go on Tuesday. Then Elder Hill will go on Wednesday. So Elder Hill's dad was a Korean speaking missionary and his mom is Korean. When he got his call, it was Vancouver Korean speaking. A week before he showed up at the MTC, his mission president called and asked him if he'd learn Mandarin instead. He said OK, but no one told him about the entry date change, so he got to the MTC a week early!!! He was the first to get here and the last to go (10 weeks).


It's going to be sad to have to leave my MTC brothers behind. I really do consider them some of my closest friends. I talk to Elder Pothier all the time. He's like 7'8 though. He's super tall. We did receive our Cup O' Noodles shipment and they've already been enjoyed. We've begun to ration them. I can't really think of anything that you need to send... I'll let you know though. What's up with the crazy people in Tooele? That's freaking hilarious though that womans at the restaurant was saying stuff to herself. Although I say the same things probably the same way in my Chinese class to my Chinese teacher. We get our travel plans on Friday.. At least we should be. We play Chinese Chess every now and then. My companion and Elder Bringhurst really like it. They play all the time. I suck. We get a hot breakfast every Monday, but it really sucks and taste like....doo doo.... and smells like FanPay (cantonese for fart). Glad to hear my room is being used. I miss my room. And my bed. Your Confucius quote (Man who say he does not fart is full of hot air) reminded me of an experience. One night we were sleeping and we had just crawled into bed. It was quiet and then all the sudden one of the Elders let out this earth shattering fart. I kid you not, it shook the whole residence building. It was like a magnitude of like 6.3. Pretty freaking scary. We all died laughing though. We were all in tears both from the laughter and the smell. Oh MTC food. How you curse us.


Anyway, everything here is pretty good. Just really freaking done with the MTC. Just another week in the MTC. I guess one of the Elders got into a scuffle with another Elder in our Residence... It was pretty mild but still entertaining none the less.






Elder Turner sent some pictures from his first week in Taiwan:








No comments:

Post a Comment