Sunday, December 10, 2017

I loved my time serving in Taiwan

Okay, wow... What a week.

On Tuesday we went to the temple. The day started at 4:00 AM. Me and my comp got up early and we biked in the freezing early morning weather down to the train station. Then we took the train up to JiaYi. Then took another train to Taizhong. The whole train ride was around 2 hours. It took a long time. Then we got there and my companion was banished to Taizhong for the day with another companion. Then I was with a group of Elders and Sisters that were all going home soon. It was so fun to see everybody. Elder Hatch was there and Elder Hongvilai. Elder Hongvilai was really scared to talk to me because he thought I didn't like him, but I talked to him and made him feel better. Then we all loaded on the bus and off we went on another 2ish bus ride up to Taibei. The trip was really fun and I spent the majority of the trip talking to Elder Hongvilai. When we got up to Taibei it was very different than Taizhong and any area I have ever served in. Taibei is way more modern and city. I love it up there. Then we went to a place where we could eat some food across from the temple. It was like a buffet style place, but we only had about 5 minutes to eat because we had to go in for our endowment session. It was really crazy and rushed.  Then we got into the temple and had to change in like 10 seconds, and then I was into the temple for an endowment session. I did English. I don't know why. Hahaha! The temple session was really good and I felt really happy to be sitting in the celestial room in the Taibei temple one last time. It was a very nice moment.


And then when we left the temple we went to the Memorial Hall in Taibei and we got to walk around for a minute. They have guards there and they were getting ready to change the guards. It's kind of like the tomb of the unknown soldier in America. The guards are to stand still for an hour and then they are switched out. It was really cool to see them do all of their military stuff and drills and then switch the guard.



Then after that we loaded on the bus and drove all the way back. I was really tired. Then the next day I had exchanges in JiaYi with the Zone Leaders. It was really good and we laughed our heads off a lot.

Then I had to host a DTM with the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders there. I had to give my closing testimony at the end and I had to hold back a lot of tears, but I successfully didn't cry.

Then from there on it was just a normal week. We had some more baptismal interviews. And then both passed, but we had to reschedule one of them because he had some sins to take care off first. So this week on Friday and Saturday we should be having a baptism! They both look really good and are all ready to go.

On Sunday we had Stake Conference. I don't have much to say about that. It was whatever.

Everyone this week got smartphones, but I didn't get one since I'm going home next week, so it's kind of like watching everyone freak out and then I'm just sitting there just kind of like whatever.

I guess since this is the last email I'll write back home to everyone as a missionary, I would like to say my mission was one of the best things I have done with my life and I have loved my time serving in Taiwan. I really have grown a love for the Taiwanese people and the culture and I'm grateful for their examples of faith. I have learned a lot here in Taiwan and I can't really describe what it was like to serve in Taiwan, but I know that it was an amazing experience. The Taiwanese people have left a very permanent mark on my life and I will always remember them. I'm very sad to leave. I know that the gospel is true and has changed my life. I know that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior.

Here's a picture of me and a Christmas tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment