Monday, May 22, 2017

I'm not moving! I'm staying with Elder Hongvilai again!

Wow, that sounds like one of the craziest weeks you ever emailed me about... Hahaha.. I don't have much to say other than 加油. Sounds like your usual May craziness hahaha..

It was really fun to skype you!

So the news is....I'm not moving! I'm staying with Elder Hongvilai again!

This week was a little bit crazy for me too. This week was the last week of the transfer so with that we had the usually craziness. Me and Elder Hongvilai spent most of the week visiting Artie and and trying to find new investigators. So the usual... Hahaha, we got rained on quite a bit which is really hard for missionary work in Taiwan, because people will not go outside if it's raining. They're literally afraid of the rain so.... goodbye to missionary work and any sort of lessons you had. So we spent a lot of time biking around in the rain and calling formers. The cool part of all of this is, we had a former answer. I was surprised because normally people don't answer. I started talking with him and he was really nice and friendly. He set up a time to meet with us and I thought awesome. Then I read his record and figured out who he was. This guy is a Marine sniper. So we met with him and he was outrageously cool. No, I'm not just saying that because he's a sniper, he's actually a nice guy. And hilariously enough, his English name is Kyle...

This week our ward also had a potluck! It was really fun and we were able to get a ton of investigators to go. I don't know what's been going on lately, but we've been getting a lot of referrals. It's really cool. So we get lots of people that are ready to be taught. I guess while I was on exchanges with another elder in a different area they found a guy that was really good a beatboxing. So that's one of our potential investigators hahaha. The ward here is really good about referrals and stuff.

I also had the opportunity to go on exchanges with an elder from Arkansas. No, not Elder Hatch, but Elder Bradford from Fayetteville, Arkansas. He's really cool and it was a lot of fun. He's going home soon though... So he was pretty trunky the whole time. He ended up listening to Sam Smith when we came home at night.. which led to me being really trunky that night and wanting to download some Sam Smith music. Gosh dang it.

It's been a pretty good week and I love you all so very much. This P-Day I'm going to the beach with Elder Fuller and Elder Hatch. Nothing too crazy hahaha.

There's not really a whole lot of stuff this week that happened... Sorry. I also don't really have pictures this week. Here's a view of Gaoxiong City at night from the YuanShan Elder's roof.





No comments:

Post a Comment