Wednesday, February 10, 2016

该MTC是监狱!

Exciting to hear that Krista and Sam got engaged! I wish I could be there for their wedding! Don't think Ben and Ale should get a ferret..... Our Chinese names in our district are really simple. Like mine (Bo Zhang Lao) or my companions Gui Zhang Lao (Pronounced Gway) It's kind of funny though because I don't even know their real English surnames. They all have some Chinese experience prior. Except one of the elders. But it's crazy how fast he is learning and he's almost as good as me. We're getting some shots today. We did receive the care package. My companions were thrilled as we opened it together, mostly because they told us that we would not be celebrating and were told not to throw any sort of party. Talk about MTC buzzkill. That's nothing new though. As for the packages though, I'm grateful for them. But I'm going to have to ask you stop. It's getting out of hand. We have SO much food. We dedicated an entire closet in our Residence to food and it's like packed full of food that you guys have sent me. I'm really enjoying the Cantonese speakers that share the same buildings with us. Most of them are going to Hong Kong and they're all super awesome. It's funny because we read the same characters and have the same sentence structure but the actual words are way different. I don't know of a scripture to use and don't really care. Just use that D&C one about the field or something. At the MTC I feel like I never really have enough time to do anything. So it's hard for us to eat the food because by the time we get done with everything it's 10:00 and then we have to go to bed at 10:30 and the Elders in my district are kind of Nazi's about stuff like that. I'm just looking forward to the day I can leave. I've given many lessons in Mandarin Chinese and it is super hard. But I'm learning so much and I can safely say I can struggle through an entire missionary discussion/lesson in Mandarin Chinese. I do a lot of stupid stuff when I teach though, and I'm not good at it. For example, I was teaching our old investigator Ye Shi Hua and he was telling us about how he read the introduction to the Book of Mormon and pointing at the Book of Mormon and stuff. Well, I for some reason didn't register that. So at the end of the lesson I invited him to read the Book of Mormon. He looked at me like I was an idiot. Then we got him "baptized," and he became our teacher. Which was a bit awkward. But I like him. I told him I was sorry about inviting him to read the Book of Mormon and he laughed so hard and then told me, "Yeah that was pretty weird." Oh well. I'm not that good at Chinese but I'm learning a lot. It's been a good week though and I love hearing about home. I love dear elders. Oh! One last thing. We would like some Cup of Noodles and chopsticks. Most Elders survive on that stuff here and they're easy to make. Plus we're dying for some Asian food. Anyway, I've got to go. I love you all so much and miss you more than you think.

该MTC是监狱!(The MTC is a prison!)

No comments:

Post a Comment